• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Meeting In Shreveport Today?

mikebhouston

Reaction score
Here's what went through my head! Keep in mind the commission is made up almost 100% of competing big name auto brands who would be in direct competition with Elio should they continue. Hope this get the point across :-)
DEa1i-dVwAA0BLC.jpg:large

booboo

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Here's what went through my head! Keep in mind the commission is made up almost 100% of competing big name auto brands who would be in direct competition with Elio should they continue. Hope this get the point across :-)
DEa1i-dVwAA0BLC.jpg:large
Well done graphic. Welcome to ElioOwners. Have a seat. Relax. Have a drink while we wait.

Karg

Elio Addict
Reaction score
With this news, I think there is a scent of an Elio reorganization in the air, I would not be surprised if they, flee Loosie Anna entirely, and license their product to be made in Mexico or China, since apparently no one is willing to fund them here. Remember, if Elio is made in Mexico, it's still echo en Norte Americana, Ole.

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Why did this commission wait 4 years to notify EM that they needed a license to do any thing in LA?
By waiting 4 years, the fines add up to a very large amount. Was this deliberate?
If the commission truly believed something wrong was happening, it is their obligation to act immediately, not wait 4 years.
Is this action done for other reasons?

EM is not manufacturing yet. When that time comes, perhaps they need a license then, but not yet.

At what point does a sale occur? When an initial deposit is made or when the product is delivered?

However, I can not fault the idea that refundable reservations should be put into a trust account.

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
With this news, I think there is a scent of an Elio reorganization in the air, I would not be surprised if they, flee Loosie Anna entirely, and license their product to be made in Mexico or China, since apparently no one is willing to fund them here. Remember, if Elio is made in Mexico, it's still echo en Norte Americana, Ole.
The vehicle being made in Mexico or China should not be out of the question. I do not like the Elio being made in another country but it may be the only alternative. Is this indicative of future problems EM will have in Louisiana if they build the vehicle there? Will the state be causing problems and gauging money from them continually? Perhaps this is why many companies manufacture out of the USA. I suspect Mexico and China would welcome them and work with them. Even if the commission changes their mind, they have already shown their true colors---they will be doing things like this in the future. General Motors is a very big company and can afford to deal with Louisiana. EM is a small and financially weak company and can not.

Does EM need as much money to manufacture out of the USA? Would it be cheaper and thus EM could start manufacturing sooner?

Paul Elio has done the right thing by trying to manufacture in the USA. However, if he has tried to manufacture here and his own country is fighting him, he has no obligation to continue to try to manufacture here. He is not dishonorable by manufacturing elsewhere.

Made in USA

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If some of Elios suppliers were going to use some of the plant for production, wouldn't they also need a license to manufacture? Why not fine everybody? Perhaps the Louisiana government should also be sued for incompetence. I don't think you should need a license based on your intent to manufacture, but should be required shortly BEFORE actual production starts. I also don't consider my reservation as being a actual sale. I haven't yet agreed to exactly what I would be getting, options and all. In other words, there is no contract. Louisiana may want to reconsider their position.

wizard of ahs

Elio Addict
Reaction score
By waiting 4 years, the fines add up to a very large amount. Was this deliberate?
If the commission truly believed something wrong was happening, it is their obligation to act immediately, not wait 4 years.
Is this action done for other reasons?

EM is not manufacturing yet. When that time comes, perhaps they need a license then, but not yet.

At what point does a sale occur? When an initial deposit is made or when the product is delivered?

However, I can not fault the idea that refundable reservations should be put into a trust account.
The REFUNDABLE funds are ALREADY IN ESCROW !!!

booboo

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If some of Elios suppliers were going to use some of the plant for production, wouldn't they also need a license to manufacture? Why not fine everybody? Perhaps the Louisiana government should also be sued for incompetence. I don't think you should need a license based on your intent to manufacture, but should be required shortly BEFORE actual production starts. I also don't consider my reservation as being a actual sale. I haven't yet agreed to exactly what I would be getting, options and all. In other words, there is no contract. Louisiana may want to reconsider their position.
If the Glover has a fit you must acquit.

Top Bottom