• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Meeting In Shreveport Today?

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Numbers should not make a difference. If it is illegal for one, it is illegal for all. Supposedly, law is enforced for all, not selectively.
wonder if this will be pointed out to the judge when appealed.
Shoulda Coulda Woulda.

That's just not the way it works.

That's like using the defense little Bobby tried when his mom caught him... "Well Jimmy did it too!" LOL
That logic might have a hint of validity in a perfect world. Unfortunately this is not that.
Even then it's still not a valid defense in any court.

Again, it all comes down to economics.
The laws aren't there to apprehend and punish every violator.
They and the legal system exist as a deterrent. The idea is to apprehend and punish a few...

And by doing so, to put the fear of being caught and punished into the rest.

Last edited:

webartist

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I was speaking in terms of the non-refundable deposits.
Because the suggestion that pistonboy put forward would have to include all deposits in those states.
Even then it would be a grey area because, deposits returned or not, technically the law was already broken.

I have to think with as much attention that Paul and his lawyers seem to pay to legal detail...
That they surely would have put all the refundables in escrow as per SEC rules.

But then again, if that logic were sound, how did they "miss" that they were breaking LA laws?

What would SRK deposits have to do with Elio Motors?

Anyway, if all of those states that piston boy described jump on the bandwagon at the 11th hour...
It's going to look a lot like Tucker all over again.
My point about SRK deposits of any kind was to question have they also broken the Manufacturing and Dealership laws also that Elio was fined for. I would think reservations have been made in the state.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If they have taken reservations in LA, then I would think that, yes, they are in violation of the law.
Even if that's true, I'm sure that the commission is aware that it it would spend far more time and money...
In the attempt to recover any significant amount from the amount of reservations involved than it would be worth.

Arcimoto recently claimed 1500+ total reservations, where EMV's last count some weeks ago was 536.

Again, most laws exist as deterrents, not as reason and means to catch and punish each and every offender.
The theory behind most successful laws is to put the fear of being the unlucky few who get taken to task.
And usually those made examples of are the ones who've broken the law on the largest scale.

There are, of course, exceptions like capital crimes and tax evasion.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Predatory Practices. In one way, 'they' are trying to drain the money out of Elio, thru court costs.
But it's easy to crap on that, delay and appeal as cheaply and long as possible.
Meanwhile, just transfer/sell all the LA reservations to a single (new) LA-focused dealership(not actually in LA?, giving the reservationists the option to go out of state). Then no crime exists and the legal claim fails.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Selective enforcement of the law is applying the law selectively against some people (or companies) and not others. It can be used maliciously to target individual. There is probably something about this in the law.
Like it or not it's reality and the economics of law enforcement
If it were a defense, there would be very few paid speeding tickets and a lot more highway deaths...

As long as you had a car full of witnesses to say that others were speeding as well, you'd beat the rap.
If low level drug dealers were never given a pass in exchange for information, there would be many more overdoses and ruined lives.

Our governments practice this all the time, from the smallest local governments all the way to the top.

It's the real world. Each and every one of us have to deal with and it's just the tip of the iceberg.
When you decide to play in the big leagues with the adults, you'd better make sure your six is spotless.

Last edited:
Top Bottom