• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Meeting In Shreveport Today?

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Geez... Do the existing manufacturers and dealers control who gets to compete directly with them as well? That seems to be a huge conflict of interests there. How is this even legal? And the guy in the video keeps saying that Elio needs to put in applications to get certification. Why would an existing dealer ever allow another dealer to set up shop down the street? That'd be like Duncan Donuts being the sole decider on whether or not Krispy Kreme could set up a shop across the street. Grr!
Yep. It's SOP, but most people don't realize it.
Most of the regulations in this country aren't written by politicians.
They're written by the top people in the industries that the regulations are supposed to regulate.
Big Pharma, Insurance, Health Care, FDA, Big Oil, Defense, Finance, Communications, Auto Safety, the list is almost endless.

it's been business as usual for more than a century.

Last edited:

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Louisiana passed laws to keep Tesla from selling directly to customers thus protecting dealers (which comprise most of the motor vehicle commission). Since Elio plans to also sell directly to customers, they decided to use the law against EM. EM is competition to their new and used cars sales.

Other states also have such laws. What is to prevent these other states from fining EM in the same way? If other states do this, and keep the fines in the millions of dollars, it would destroy EM which is what dealers (who are on the commissions) would like.

If I were an investor in EM, I would not want my millions of dollars to quickly disappear in fines. I would thing twice about investing. The timing of Lousiana commission’s fine is interesting. There is talk about possible major investment occurring before the end of this month (July, 2017). Was this hearing and fine deliberately timed to discourage or stop investment into EM?

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If there is a seriously possibility of other states imposing such fines on EM, how can EM avoid this? Can EM immediately cancel all sales to people in these states and return their money, and this avoid such problems? Both EM and the reservationist would not like this and I would not either if I were in these states. However, if it is needed to prevent destroying EM (which dealers want) it would be needed. Perhaps these people can buy Elios in neighboring states and their spots in line honored there.

floydv

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If there is a seriously possibility of other states imposing such fines on EM, how can EM avoid this? Can EM immediately cancel all sales to people in these states and return their money, and this avoid such problems? Both EM and the reservationist would not like this and I would not either if I were in these states. However, if it is needed to prevent destroying EM (which dealers want) it would be needed. Perhaps these people can buy Elios in neighboring states and their spots in line honored there.
I think if it came down to that, it seems to me that moving the non-refundables (assuming those funds are still available) into an escrow account could address the issue of whether those were "sales."

Last edited:

webartist

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Is anyone concerned about the refundable reservations that Arcimoto is taking for the SRK (I have one) and EM for the Solo? Are they in trouble also?

Top Bottom