• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Momentum V101 -

booboo

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My concern about a horizontally-actuating wiper is that it's fine in a slow-moving boat, but would it be too slow to clear the screen at 65 MPH (or other safe driving in the rain speed)?

Where does the washer fluid come out? Are there jets on the wiper stem/bar? Hope it works in sub-freezing temps, too. Road salt in winter means you use the cleaner more in the cold than heat of summer. As suggested, a smaller bottle probably solved a size and weight conundrum, taking the full gallon jug off the wishlist.
I think a 1/2 gallon of washer fluid should be fine, after all you are only trying to keep clean 1/2 a windshield.
I sure do not miss road salt, that stuff is nasty, used to wash my rig more in winter than summer because of it.

Earl LaSitis

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Some were in their minds they should have some idea were their at. I don't believe that they don't have a
production date. What else do they have to do to have a Elio complete to pass all the requirements to pass
all the regulations ?

Johnny Acree

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Oh, they know where they are along the path to production. What they don't know is now many road blocks they will encounter. They do know one major road block, $300 million. I think if they had raised the money they would have let everybody know,,, but they might not.
I feel like the latest news nuggets have been working up to a big announcement. I hope! ☺

BilgeRat

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Been using it for decades, ever since it came out. My dad was watching me do the glass on the 240Z one day. He snorted, "Eh. Bullshit." and went in the house. So, when I got done with the Z, I went over to his Dodge and did a RainX application on just the passenger side of the windshield... And waited... About two weeks later, I hear, "Hey, can you do the rest of the glass on the Dodge?" :D;)

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The greater the rake on your windshield, the better Rain-X works. Totally useless on my '90 Jeep Wrangler. At anything over 40 mph the drops would just hover on the windshield. Cool to watch, but very distracting. On an Elio I'm betting it would work fantastic!

booboo

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Sent to Elio Motors, will let you know the reply.

"Just a thought.

Looking at E1C pictures. The windshield does not go below the plane of the hood.

A hidden wiper might reduce drag ?

Maybe a little longer windshield, or a little longer hood, or a flare up end on the hood, or together, could do the trick to make the parked wiper hidden ?

" Some larger cars are equipped with hidden wipers (or depressed-park wipers). When wipers are switched off in standard non-hidden designs, a "parking" mechanism or circuit moves the wipers to the lower extreme of the wiped area near the bottom of the windscreen, but still in sight. For designs that hide the wipers, the windscreen extends below the rear edge of the hood, and the wipers park themselves below the wiping range at the bottom of the windscreen, but out of sight."
Windscreen wiper - Wikipedia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windscreen_wiper)

Thank You"

Top Bottom