• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Momentum V101 -

booboo

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Speaking of mileage, I was looking at a Hi Res E1C picture and noticed that the wiper is way out in the open. Since the hood opens opposite, if they added a few inches towards the windsheild, maybe the wiper could be concealed, and not a wind catcher.
Some larger cars are equipped with hidden wipers (or depressed-park wipers). When wipers are switched off in standard non-hidden designs, a "parking" mechanism or circuit moves the wipers to the lower extreme of the wiped area near the bottom of the windscreen, but still in sight. For designs that hide the wipers, the windscreen extends below the rear edge of the hood, and the wipers park themselves below the wiping range at the bottom of the windscreen, but out of sight.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windscreen_wiper
Looking at the E1C, the windshield does not go below the plane of the hood. I do not know how they would design the wiper to park hidden.
Maybe a little longer windshield and a little longer hood together could do the trick.
E1C_Windshild_Wiper.png

Johnny Acree

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Sort of. It did not have a wiper.
Update. I just looked at my photos from the Perry show. Their was a wiper installed, but they said it was only for show. The windshield was plastic and they did not want to scratch it.

Last edited:

Grumpy Cat

Elio Addict
Reaction score
And Then There Were None…
April 14, 2017

[Broken External Image]

Happy “Good” Friday Elio’ers! It’s safe to say that winter weather has finally faded into the rearview mirror. If you experience a freak snow storm, we’ll take the blame for jinxing the nice weather. For those celebrating a holiday this weekend, we hope that you have the best weather that spring can offer during your Easter holiday!

Before we get to the weekend, we want to cover 3 recent Elio developments.

And then there were none…

There is no denying that the Elio is different. From a legislative standpoint, our vehicle was sometimes difficult to classify. As you probably know, any vehicle with less than 4 wheels, as defined by the federal government, cannot be classified as a car. Our vehicle has three wheels, an enclosed cab, automotive controls, and a safety management system, which places us in a unique position between a “car” and a motorcycle. We have worked with many state legislatures and showed that Elio Motors drivers should not have to wear a helmet. We made a commitment, since our inception, that we would have no issues with helmet laws in any state. Well, by going state-by-state, the final state has fallen and now there are no helmet restrictions to drive an Elio for drivers over the age of 21 anywhere in the USA! Yes, we are happy to announce that West Virginia will no longer require a helmet.

[Broken External Image]

Our Transmission Mission

Earlier this week, we announced an agreement with AISIN Group. AISIN will be the supplier transmission to Elio Motors. AISIN Group is the 6th largest Tier one automotive supplier, not to mention the largest transmission manufacturer. We’ve had quite a few questions come in about the transmission options in the Elio. We’ll have a ton of in-depth information about our transmission options in an upcoming Momentum. Until then, you can rest assured that this partnership is an unequivocal win for Elio owners.

[Broken External Image]

In case you missed it…

Having an innovative idea is difficult. Turning an idea into a reality, however, is a completely different ballgame. The process of getting a revolutionary vehicle to production is full of unique challenges. We think that introducing a unique vehicle should act as a springboard for the way we do business. For this reason, we’ve included our followers along every step of the journey. For example, our front-to-back seating configuration requires a unique wiper system. As a part of the process, this week’s Momentum gives a look into how we have approached and solved this unique challenge.

Thanks for your support Elio’ers!

To the Elio Owners Moderators, I was not sure where to put this. If you want to fix anything I do here, that is a okay. Have a good day. Booboo

A little late. ;) :p

https://www.elioowners.com/threads/and-then-there-were-none….8309/#post-182043

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Part 2

The Elio Team posted: " Bringing a revolutionary new vehicle to market can be likened to running a marathon. Both are arduous, long, and ultimately worthwhile endeavors. When running a marathon, the first and last miles may be the most exciting, but every single stride is of e"

From first hand experience 8 times-when I was young and stupid -and anyone else who have done 26.2, will tell you the last mile is not exciting, maybe the last yard as you cross the finish line.
The starting gun hasn't even been fired, and the & is not on the starting "line"

BilgeRat

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have seen them of a few of the fishing boats I boarded in the Bering Sea. We had a couple similar ones on our ship, the best ones were the circular ones were the window spun at a high rate of speed

Chaz,
We installed one of the linear wipers on the last boat I worked on, IIRC, the price was somewhere north of $2500... The clear vision ports are pretty cool. Another place I've seen them applied is on railroad snow fighting equipment. I have no idea of what they sell for, but my guess would be that they're very pricey.

ABC123

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
My concern about a horizontally-actuating wiper is that it's fine in a slow-moving boat, but would it be too slow to clear the screen at 65 MPH (or other safe driving in the rain speed)?

Where does the washer fluid come out? Are there jets on the wiper stem/bar? Hope it works in sub-freezing temps, too. Road salt in winter means you use the cleaner more in the cold than heat of summer. As suggested, a smaller bottle probably solved a size and weight conundrum, taking the full gallon jug off the wishlist.

Top Bottom