• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Momentum V134

booboo

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Elio Motors Momentum v135
The Beauty of Simplicity

3:26 PM
WHEN?

3:44 PM
Hello Booboo,
Thanks so much for reaching out.
We are targeting production to start in 2019, as stated in our August filing. We are continuing our focus on the next round of funding as we move toward production.

As we continue to make progress, we will do our very best to keep you informed.

Thanks for your support!

Best,
The Elio Team

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I totally share your concerns. I was so happy back then when cars are so easy to work with, lots of room to get my hands dirty- it's spark plugs, filter, oil filter, coolant (or plain water) and I can keep it goin' and goin'. Now, with all the electronics controlling the car, it's a scary thought that one part of it burns out, then it's a lonely wait for the tow truck! On the positive side, these gizmos have gotten better where we don't have to buy a new car every 4-5 years or until the warranty expires. Car buying specially with these start ups is a total gamble- with 3 wheels no less and no track records other than their fully tested prototypes. Having said that, these new trikes which will enter mass market production next year is worth risk taking only because of their low price! I wouldn't venture out there in the freeway at freeway speeds until I, the customer have totally tested it in our local streets even though it's backed by 80 miles top speed and 7-8 sec. to 60mph. Exciting times folks, those who love ICE can wait for the ELIO in 2019 barring any more funding issues. Those who love EV's for quiet, electrified driving experience and meets their daily commuting "range" will be happy to know that 2018 is their expected arrival. If I have to shell out 100K for an EV like Tesla, then I would be concerned about their batteries or electronics overtime like you...but at 12K- probably 15K out the door for a SOLO or ARCIMOTO, why wait longer for the fun when I can start sooner? ;)

This is funny... I remember working on my 1965 Mustang. I was thinking "Man, I was able to do all kinds of things... change plugs, timing, distributor, starter, starter solenoid (located separate from the starter on Fords at that time). Man, those were the days." I remember changing plugs several times, the wires a bunch of times, etc... I had the car for 3 years... and worked on it a lot. You can't do that any more. On the other hand, you don't NEED to do it, either. Cars today are just so much better at maintaining their status quo. I haven't had to lift a hand on my truck other than filters and oil... Yeah, I don't miss having to make sure I had a toolbox everywhere I went. (Not just because it was a Ford... I was the only one in my family with a Ford and I worked on everybody's cars.)

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've had this conversation before with people that tell me how great old cars were. I remember a time when over 40K was considered high mileage. Getting 100K out of a car was a major accomplishment. Today, 100K is the norm. There was a time you had to go in and get a 1K mile inspection which included a valve adjustment and later on, retorque the cylinder head. Imagine trying to sell a new car like that today.

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This is funny... I remember working on my 1965 Mustang. I was thinking "Man, I was able to do all kinds of things... change plugs, timing, distributor, starter, starter solenoid (located separate from the starter on Fords at that time). Man, those were the days." I remember changing plugs several times, the wires a bunch of times, etc... I had the car for 3 years... and worked on it a lot. You can't do that any more. On the other hand, you don't NEED to do it, either. Cars today are just so much better at maintaining their status quo. I haven't had to lift a hand on my truck other than filters and oil... Yeah, I don't miss having to make sure I had a toolbox everywhere I went. (Not just because it was a Ford... I was the only one in my family with a Ford and I worked on everybody's cars.)
Totally agree Ty! :D I spent more time under and over the hood but during those times, we didn't own a TV and working on cars is like a pastime- listening to the baseball game and working on the the car at the same time! I loved those times though! ;)

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've had this conversation before with people that tell me how great old cars were. I remember a time when over 40K was considered high mileage. Getting 100K out of a car was a major accomplishment. Today, 100K is the norm. There was a time you had to go in and get a 1K mile inspection which included a valve adjustment and later on, retorque the cylinder head. Imagine trying to sell a new car like that today.
Depends on what you're selling! A classic in mint condition will always have a buyer.;)

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
He started the King Ranch which expanded into aluminum pickup trucks.
Eddie Bauer mentality is everywhere! Look how many "all wheel drives" out there and looking so clean like it never been to a gravel road let alone used on rock climbing, etc. Lots of all wheel drive owners can afford it and it's a nice addition to handling the vehicle in all road conditions but not necessarily adventurers! ;)

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Depends on what you're selling! A classic in mint condition will always have a buyer.;)
I'm not talking about selling or buying classic cars but talking about when those classics were new. Classic cars sales are driven by old white guys that can now afford what they couldn't when they were a teenager. It has nothing to do with how it compares to today and what you can get. The muscle car market will finally take a dump (just like the antique car market did) because sooner or later, the next generation could care less about a 1969 Boss 429 Mustang and the older generation has died off. A good example of this are toy trains. There was a time then they were worth a bundle but now the market is flooded with the next generation that could care less and want to just sell them.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
'68 Chevy Bel Air straight six sometime around '74.

I stood comfortably inside the engine compartment beside the engine.
Replaced the intake manifold gasket with plenty of room to move around.
Both feet on the ground and plenty of room for parts and tools on the fender.

I didn't have to stand in the car to rebuild the carb and replace the deer-damaged hood, but I did those on the same day.

Almost forgot... replaced the valve cover gasket that day as well.

Last edited:
Top Bottom