• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Momentum V71 - Hvac

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Wait, I'm confused.

The E1-D/RedDOT email includes a link to the the "build plan" for the E series (the link I'm referring to is the first phrase of the 2nd paragraph, below the RedDOT logo). That link takes you to an EM.com page dated Aug 4, 2016, where they state that the E1-D & E-1E are to be used for engine & chassis testing.

I don't consider myself an automotive expert, but is HVAC considered engine or chassis? Or have they shifted the build schedule &/or intent of what each model will be used for?

Here's were the email link takes you:
https://www.eliomotors.com/meet-the...6BTum99DcUGoiLZ-8_WlTfGPRCiJFg&_hsmi=34332777
The AC compressor connects directly to the engine and when running, will definitely affect engine power available for acceleration/cruising. I would guess this fits in with their plan. Besides, RedDot won't have it too long and then it can go to further engine testing.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
1. The black stuff seems smoother-textured, the ridges less pronounced. Also, and I have no handy way to check this, the small bit of orange body between the black rear cover and the "bulge" looks different -- as does the bulge itself, which appears noticeably less bulgy and significantly taller than before. But it's black, and that can be deceptive.

2. They didn't drive it in because it is safer for the car to hand-load it, and because there isn't room to open the door!
The Elio, when parked right against a wall, will still have room to open the door. Just saying.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Really? Wide enough to get in and out of it? Is there enough offset for the front left wheel to make that possible?
Yes. The door wouldn't have to open very far to let you get out. Look at it this way for the truck... The center width of the Elio is NOT 4'. The Truck is about 8' wide which means there would be at least 2' per side. As long as the "driver" of the Elio didn't have a diameter larger than 24", or a waist size of 75", they should be able to get out just fine. Given the wheel size and fender position, a wag of distance from outside edge to door of Elio is... 1" fender + 5.3" tire + 1" fender + 6" suspension to body = 13.3" So, a waist size of 41" could squeeze out with the wheel against the side of the trailer.

wizard of ahs

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yes. The door wouldn't have to open very far to let you get out. Look at it this way for the truck... The center width of the Elio is NOT 4'. The Truck is about 8' wide which means there would be at least 2' per side. As long as the "driver" of the Elio didn't have a diameter larger than 24", or a waist size of 75", they should be able to get out just fine. Given the wheel size and fender position, a wag of distance from outside edge to door of Elio is... 1" fender + 5.3" tire + 1" fender + 6" suspension to body = 13.3" So, a waist size of 41" could squeeze out with the wheel against the side of the trailer.
That's enough room for even MY "big-boned, fluffy" frame :p

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well with a 41 inch waist you'd have to Slither out like an overweight snake, but I suppose it could be done.
Well most people are wider in one direction than the other... hip to hip vs. front to back. So, that makes a bit of a difference too.

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score

booboo

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I was trying to figure out how to get the Instagram video linked to here. Not IT intelligent enough to do it. https://www.eliomotors.com/bloglight-on-michigan-and-more/

That orange trailer, sure reminds me of Schneider. I hauled their 53' vans 5 years, they did have automotive trailers too. A good truck company.
Why are they hauling an 84mpg ELIO from MI to WA in a truck that is lucky to get 9mpg ?

Last edited:
Top Bottom