• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Momentum V71 - Hvac

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
All it needs is the compressor running at the right speed and DC to run the controls.
Correct, and they can do that from an external unit.
RedDot is trying to figure out how to make it fit in the dash area and leave legroom. They don't have that extra dash area the side by sides have.
Plus, how do you duct it to the dash and to the rear? They know they have room for the compressor and condenser.

floydv

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Correct, and they can do that from an external unit.
RedDot is trying to figure out how to make it fit in the dash area and leave legroom. They don't have that extra dash area the side by sides have.
Plus, how do you duct it to the dash and to the rear? They know they have room for the compressor and condenser.
But shouldn't they design the HVAC unit with the engine in place to ensure proper fitment and routing of hoses, condenser and other AC pieces, as well as to see if there are any issues with vibrations from the engine, proper airflow to the heat exchanger, etc.?

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
But shouldn't they design the HVAC unit with the engine in place to ensure proper fitment and routing of hoses, condenser and other AC pieces, as well as to see if there are any issues with vibrations from the engine, proper airflow to the heat exchanger, etc.?
Virtual drawings? And virtual fitting it?

Lawrence G.

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
CAD/CAM. Watching the trike, watching the stock. We have to get to 65,000 pre-orders. Just under 60,000 right now, 55K to 65K = 18.18% increase.

Face it, look at how our government reacts to anything. This is to let them know there is a demand and not wishful thinking.

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Wait, I'm confused.

The E1-D/RedDOT email includes a link to the the "build plan" for the E series (the link I'm referring to is the first phrase of the 2nd paragraph, below the RedDOT logo). That link takes you to an EM.com page dated Aug 4, 2016, where they state that the E1-D & E-1E are to be used for engine & chassis testing.

I don't consider myself an automotive expert, but is HVAC considered engine or chassis? Or have they shifted the build schedule &/or intent of what each model will be used for?

Here's were the email link takes you:
https://www.eliomotors.com/meet-the...6BTum99DcUGoiLZ-8_WlTfGPRCiJFg&_hsmi=34332777
There are a couple of ways to read this. One is a change as you have interpreted it. Another is that HVAC can use any of the E series and this was the first available and will be used for engine and chassis testing later.

Top Bottom