• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Momentum V76 E-series Progress - Hvac Testing Update

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The last thing we need is a lawyer or bureaucrat telling an engineer how to build a car or even where to put the water bottle for the windshield wipers.
Yes, the water bottle placement and/or other federally mandated requirements would not be an issue if the Elio remains classified as a motorcycle, but rather a motorcycle subclassed autocycle by the States for registration, licensing, and insurance purposes. I ass.u.me.d EM was engineering the Elio to meet or beat the Federal requirements.

Hence, my confusion as to why EM Is promoting the new Federal autocycle classification.

The engineer's are having problems of their own to get it right without Federal interference.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Competition Rick. They're trying to think of, and make contingencies for, any possible scenario.
It's been overthought, over-daydreamed, over-analyzed, over-protected & over-fantasized.
These are a lot of the reasons why there wasn't an Elio in my parking area last year.
One huge additional factor... It was under-engineered for the first seven years.
They chose to concentrate on show business rather than engineering.
And their reach overtook their grasp a few tens of millions ago.
The Bard said it in Macbeth: "To make assurance doubly sure."

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
"MACBETH
Then live, Macduff. What need I fear of thee?
But yet I’ll make assurance double sure,
And take a bond of fate. Thou shalt not live,
That I may tell pale-hearted fear it lies,
And sleep in spite of thunder."

Last edited:

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
There are people sitting around wasting time and money...
Trying to dream up another 125 options for the "configurator"...
While nobody's putting out the real fires that are on the horizon.

Everyone needs to remember, The "options in the configurator" are: 1) all theoretical proposals (offers) at this point. And 2) ALL of the theoretical proposals, are being "offered" by aftermarket suppliers...NOT by EM. AS EM has stated before, The configurator is subject to change and items will be added and removed based on interest shown.
So YES, a lot of time is being wasted, but not by EM. The items shown (offered) are from aftermarket manufacturers, who are expressing an interest in the Elio & also a desire to be a part of this groundbreaking vehicle.
It should impress us all, that there are companies, both large and small, who are investing "time and resources" in anticipation of the Elio.
just my 2 cents

Top Bottom