• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Momentum V93 -

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
They do have a ceramic coating you can do yourself from VHT
https://www.amazon.com/Flameproof-C...67882&sr=8-4&keywords=Ceramic+Coating+Exhaust
I'm sure they leave them like that because of cost; every costs something, that the Elio is going to be the King of that (I'd say cheap, but that's not true either, it's smart spending where it is necessary).

There are some "issues" with the ceramic coatings, and I have been a big fan of them. Altho they do stay good looking for a long time, for exhaust manifolds, when applied only to the "outside" of the part, the ceramic coating (thermal barrier) keeps the heat in the metal. This is good for keeping exhaust temperatures high but fatigues the metal to early failure....unless the tubing is also coated on the inside. Anyway, uncoated stainless steel tube manifolds deal better (with heat/cool cycles) than cast iron, which will crack and cause exhaust leaks.
I am impressed with EM's decision.

wizard of ahs

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Maurtis

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I am no expert.
So is the exhaust manifold Elio is going to be using actually a performance header ?

go.eliomotors.com_hs_fs_hubfs_exhaust_203.png_2f8b1511eb74b4539ce1f6690a97877e.png

From the look of the picture, yes. It should help with performance numbers, which is nice. And the exhaust note with a performance muffler should be pretty exciting!

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I am no expert.
So is the exhaust manifold Elio is going to be using actually a performance header ?

I'm going to venture an educated guess (different from "fiction"), based of the "fact" that the exhaust manifold/header, plays an integral roll towards meeting EM's fuel efficiency target.
So, YES...It is a "performance header" inasmuch as it will be "performing" the task for which it is designed. :becky:

Anderson Howard

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm going to venture an educated guess (different from "fiction"), based of the "fact" that the exhaust manifold/header, plays an integral roll towards meeting EM's fuel efficiency target.
So, YES...It is a "performance header" inasmuch as it will be "performing" the task for which it is designed. :becky:
The Elio engine is going to run quit slow because of good torque so a performance exhaust isn't a real big deal.

Top Bottom