• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Morphic Studies

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Awful lot of empty space inside the doors no? Can that be incorporated into the interior space?
About the R8 rip. Yes, it's a good point. Also the driver needs more leg room to swing his feet out to the area next to his seat when he wants to exit. So if I was to update the graphic, I'ld box that out for more volume left and right at his feet. I think battery packs can share some of that space if kept low and a single row of them.
Two doors lets the passenger exit a little sooner. And really the doors should be motorized by one button push. They do also have to pop out to the side before swinging up.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Now there is a funny thought: Two doors lets the passenger exit a little sooner. And really the doors should be motorized by one button push. They do also have to pop out to the side before swinging up.
So what stop your feet from catching on something and hoisting you up like a side of beef? Interesting thought, especially if your G/F is passenger she gets her heel stuck and the door swings up like a side of beef? Ari, Ari, Ari where have you been hanging out at? (just giving you some grins and giggles

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Now there is a funny thought: Two doors lets the passenger exit a little sooner. And really the doors should be motorized by one button push. They do also have to pop out to the side before swinging up.
So what stop your feet from catching on something and hoisting you up like a side of beef? Interesting thought, especially if your G/F is passenger she gets her heel stuck and the door swings up like a side of beef? Ari, Ari, Ari where have you been hanging out at? (just giving you some grins and giggles
lol, not a problem. All issues are best found up front. Can't always do it all by myself. That why I hired you guys!
BTW, I use Ari, 'cause that's my wife's nickname for me. :cool:

(Added note: Really the only issue that is key here, and what I'm really looking for at first, is there an unsolvable issue to know about. When someone says you would have to do this, or do that. Well, mitigating that item allows the design to flourish. So, thanks for the help!)

Last edited:
Reactions: Hog

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So the obvious fix to the motor safety problems, first a release button for each side. Then, all the button does is let the latch(s) go, and a gas cylinder(s) pushes out, and then lifts the door. (door can't go up until it's out, hey it's do able ) Then it would be nice to have an electrical system to motor the door back down, but a pull rope or handle(s) could do that too. Gas lifters have been very safe and used for decades. Just needs to be less powerful than painful.

So, yup, at least one solution exists for that set of issues. The real caveat; is it too complex or expensive to be worth it. So far, nope.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
OK, two more installments of ?fun?, but also three youtube links, in case you want to see more clear..
First, the very simple and cartoonish... The Cuban , then a 1993 F1 McLaren Conversion.
Hint, the McLaren is better.

Cuban.png

120 1993+McLaren+F1a.jpg
120 1993+McLaren+F1.jpg

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
More dreaming, for those who like that kind of fantacy material...(2 posts)
Some of these are remakes/adjustments, or just 'crackers', etc...
Sorry, I just like exploring all these variations.

Last edited:
Top Bottom