• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Morphic Studies

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So I thought I would experiment with flat rolled sheet metal, since there is interest in it, and see what forms or shapes I could come up with. This is more of a type experiment rather than a completed concept of a vehicle style.

Last edited:

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Here's a few of some of my flat sheet designs.

The yellow one obviously based on a T-Rex

The red and gold one is based on an original single seater design by a Michael Logue, but I can't find a picture of that one.

1701432789728.png

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Speaking of insanity and flat-wraped sheetmetal... I wanted to try this one morphic image, just to see if it could have any reality at all.
While difficult and complex to do so, it could be conically wraped from sheet metal slices over a wooden frame.
I discovered that, using 24" diameter wheels, it could not look like that 2d image and seat more than one person solo seated, who also must, lay way-way back low.

So I also triied some reproportioning, including with 30in wheels. So stairing at the origional 2d, do you think that is a realistic presentation? It was even worse than you might guess.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I guess I aim to keep you entertained.... Well and I'm clearing out things that I'd been placing on the back burner as outliers...

Last edited:
Top Bottom