• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Motorcycle Parking

CGWheels

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I say we start rallying companies to re - stripe a portion of their parking lots with dedicated Elio parking. :cool: Especially in a one vehicle wide row. Here is a quick sketch of my idea: (the alternating pattern would allow more Elios to fit in the same space used by fewer normal cars). We could even incorporate our two wheeled friends!
Sketch166103834.png

stevecaz

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I agree completely. I wish I could park far out like I used to. I used to park as far from the door as possible in a place where there were no other cars. Safe, right? Wrong! I would come out and my lone car would be surrounded with other cars with a lot of empty space around them. Go figure! LOL :) Z
Ditto Zelio, which would drive me nuts! I feel like that lone car in the parking lot, and the beat-up car drives up and parks next to it.

nthawk68

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I say we start rallying companies to re - stripe a portion of their parking lots with dedicated Elio parking. :cool: Especially in a one vehicle wide row. Here is a quick sketch of my idea: (the alternating pattern would allow more Elios to fit in the same space used by fewer normal cars). We could even incorporate our two wheeled friends!
View attachment 2173
I like this, but some idiot would back the Elio in with the wide wheels in the narrow side and disrupt the earths rotation....

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I like this, but some idiot would back the Elio in with the wide wheels in the narrow side and disrupt the earths rotation....
We definitely don't want to ask drivers to think before they park. They're too busy texting, talking on the phone, eating, etc. to realize there is a pattern on the pavement ideally designed for our Elios. LOL :-) Z

Ronald Levesque

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
View attachment 2173
I love this simple parking idea....I had to steal that pic for my Elio file folder.

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm not sure if there is already a thread about this, but here goes:
I was just told that I may be relocating to another building. My current building has plenty of parking, so I wouldn't think about parking in the motorcycle spots out of courtesy. The new building...not so much. Big parking problem. So I'm wondering at what point could I park in the motorcycle spots and not offend anyone? Like, maybe November to March? I live in Northern VA, so we don't get a lot of snow, but you don't see motorcycles on the road too much in the winter. It's fairly cold. I'm sure that the spaces would be available. but I'm still thinking that I won't take advantage of that benefit even though, technically, I probably could.

Moderator Comment: Merged into existing thread

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom