• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Motorcycle Parking

ElioTony

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I was out shopping today and walked out to my car. I happen to notice a Can Am Spyder parked in the motorcycle parking spot. Nothing wrong with that, but it made me think that one of the benefits of the Elio being classified as a motorcycle would allow upfront parking in most lots in one of the motorcyle slots....hope this was not already a dead horse beaten but I thought it would be a cool thought to share. Thoughts??

-ElioTony

GreatDanes

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I also have seen postings here stating that the span between the front wheels is nearly the same as the average car?

TRIVIA: Does anyone know what the distance between the front wheels of the automobile is based on?

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My thought on parking is if you can walk, without disability, park as far away from those front spaces as you can and walk, jog, or run while still possible.
I agree completely. I wish I could park far out like I used to. I used to park as far from the door as possible in a place where there were no other cars. Safe, right? Wrong! I would come out and my lone car would be surrounded with other cars with a lot of empty space around them. Go figure! LOL :-) Z

CheeseheadEarl

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I also have seen postings here stating that the span between the front wheels is nearly the same as the average car?

TRIVIA: Does anyone know what the distance between the front wheels of the automobile is based on?
Cars? Who knows. Railroads though we're designed to the width of a team of horses.

GreatDanes

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
DING DING DING!

The wheels of the carts that preceded autos had to be wide enough to fit a horse's rear end 'tween! The wheels of the auto were designed to fit into the same lanes that the carts ran in!

Top Bottom