• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

My Elio Alternate Project Is Underway.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
can certainly move them or delete them .... doing so takes a surprising amount of time .... historically, mentioning it in a thread usually takes care of it instantly .... if the poster or someone else cares enough to start another thread in the proper area, all's good ..... if not it will quickly pass into history

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
can certainly move them or delete them .... doing so takes a surprising amount of time .... historically, mentioning it in a thread usually takes care of it instantly .... if the poster or someone else cares enough to start another thread in the proper area, all's good ..... if not it will quickly pass into history
I deleted my reply to a post/comment that I didn’t realize was in the BEX Thread. BEX should be BEX related.

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I got some hours in today because the humidy is certainly dropping, despite the 102 degrees it peaked at.
I tacked the firewall assembly together, and quite proud of how it's turning out.

It's a hybrid tube/monocoque setup, that uses the advantages of both, without incurring the million dollar costs of stamping dies, that you would have to pay for in the end price. Instead simply creating the shapes from 2 dimensional folds, and tubing where ultimate strength is needed.

firewall 27.jpg

firewall 28.jpg

I now find I need to make some templates for aligning, so at home in air con doing that now

84mpg

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I got some hours in today because the humidy is certainly dropping, despite the 102 degrees it peaked at.
I tacked the firewall assembly together, and quite proud of how it's turning out.

It's a hybrid tube/monocoque setup, that uses the advantages of both, without incurring the million dollar costs of stamping dies, that you would have to pay for in the end price. Instead simply creating the shapes from 2 dimensional folds, and tubing where ultimate strength is needed.

View attachment 25961

View attachment 25962

I now find I need to make some templates for aligning, so at home in air con doing that now

"without incurring the million dollar costs of stamping dies, that you would have to pay for in the end price"

LOVE IT!!! THIS is how and why the BEX will be super affordable! Two thumbs up!

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Mark's facebook post from yesterday (just keeping this thread in sync)

Yes, I got home from work, posted that, then hurried to a show we were running late for, and forgot to post it here, sorry.

A stunning drop to 80 degrees today, so a normal day at the factory, yay!

What a mess! Cut and ground out all the other firewall, rails and lower A pillars ready for the new assembly to go in tomorrow if the weather holds, and the forecast says yes it is!

One small concern is these sudden large temp changes have triggered earthquakes in the past, though usually the other way around, sudden large heat increases ........

1661708742938.png

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Mark, nice progress. Curious why you didn’t consider a BEX electric from the get go? Fewer parts, fewer parts supplying partners, perhaps making it easier to cross the production finish line, more efficient production scale, and increased market demographics? Perhaps a future EV option?

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, and there is this new mandate they are talking about in this country, after 2035, no more new gas powered vehicles.
What a bunch of BS. I'll go digging to post up the article. They are calling it a step forward.

Top Bottom