• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

My Elio Alternate Project Is Underway.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Supply and demand is always an issue, verified by current supply chain shortages from baby formula to computer chips.

Sonoran Sam

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I finally found the ideal inner and outer from the same vehicle, the Wuling Sunshine,
Is it safe to assume that you will detail all of the sources for the parts (used in the mongrel) in some type of repair manual or repair CD/thumbdrive??
Like the bushings from the Chevy Colorado, the tie rods from the Wuling Sunshine, etc.

JohnJ

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think I smell the beginning of a Wuling sunshine thread.... Smells like Chinese food. :hungry:

OIP.jpg

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just finished the cnc file for the new firewall, hope to get it cut and folded tomorrow, or the day after at most.

Big job to fit it, all the old stuff gets cut out, hope it cools down a bit in the next few days.

I thought I was going to need 2 x sheets of metal, but as you can see, I just squeezed the 4 items onto one sheet, pleased about that.

1660158248110.png

1660158274367.png

I think I smell the beginning of a Wuling sunshine thread.... Smells like Chinese food. :hungry:

Living in Sichuan, this is what I see many days of the week ..

JohnJ

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've wondered where you lived. I looked it up on Google Earth and it's not exactly the old China one might invision. Only time I heard of Sichuan before was when I ate at the Sichuan Palace. Good food, but boy was it spicy. Now, back to your car and good luck with it!

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score
.. and a trunk full of lasered and folded firewall parts.

1660217999518.png

I had a scare for a moment, folding was the last thing today, and still in the car for tomorrow, but looking at the picture here, there was an optical illusion that had me running out to the car to check it, but all good.

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I had to go back to the fold shop this morning and adjust my silly mistake yesterday, luckily it was nothing more than simply add more bend to 2 underbent bends, and it cost me 3 ice creams for the adjustment.

Just loosely sitting on the floor to give one an idea of what it is, very happy the way it's going, and very happy it's all cut from just the one sheet (1M x 2M or 4' x 8'), and 13 of the 16 bends are at 90 degrees.

Firewall 24.jpg

Not sure what happened with this picture, but how 'Arty' is it!

Firewall 25.jpg

Also hottest day of the year so far today, well over 100, 3 hours in the factory and I went home, many shops were closed in the streets as well,

Velhartice

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s been a scorcher over here in Appalachian foothills this year also and its finally starting to drop down into the high 80’s Frankenstein making shop work much more bearable. Hopefully that’s headed your way soon too. Thanks for the updates, they have been great to see so far.

Top Bottom