• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

My Elio Alternate Project Is Underway.

Sonoran Sam

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Good point! Let's hope you're correct.
I kind of remember Mark was attempting to follow the "motorcycle requirements" and needed to add a center headlight (towards the middle of the grill area). I do think a "motorcycle" classification is the goal.

Front_Grill.png

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm under the impression that the BEX Mongrel will be considered a motorcycle, not a car (as it has 3 wheels).

Motorcycle or autocycle, depends which State you are in, maybe sometimes drunk ...

------------

I have been heavily in negotiation for over a week with various projects that I can include the BEX into, don't worry about the quietness on my side, the project is not suffering in anyway.

I understand when posts go quiet that it can be signs of doom and gloom, nope, everything is fine, thanks for your continued support, means a lot

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I kind of remember Mark was attempting to follow the "motorcycle requirements" and needed to add a center headlight (towards the middle of the grill area). I do think a "motorcycle" classification is the goal.

Yes, silly law for an autocycle, but a law it is.

I will fill the 'normal' headlight hollows with low glowing lights, I think it will look very cool, while warning pedestrians and oncoming cars of the true width of the vehicle.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If you don’t design/engineer the production model prototype to meet the “silly” USA FMVSS Motorcycle Certification requirements the BEX will not register and license in any State as the motorcycle classified 3 wheeler vehicle it is in the USA. Autocycle is not a vehicle classification but rather a legal term defined and legislated by a few States used to waive said States motorcycle licensing endorsement and helmet requirements. Autocycle definitions vary from State to State. Headlight spacing and height, turn signals, and even the lamps specified to meet the certification requirements was a time consuming redesign process for Arcimoto's FUV certification.

Last edited:

Interested

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Is the project dead?
Mark said it would be quiet for a while. Not to worry. He's still working on it. Building it is the easy part. He has to get all the other things done so that it can be produced. Who knows, maybe he's working on a partnership where he will finish the design and someone else will build it. Hopefully big news soon.
I for one am patient. (Good things come to those that wait?)

Top Bottom