• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

My Elio Alternate Project Is Underway.

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Sometimes you have to go back a step or 2 ...

Looking at how to mount the rear strut to the swingarm proper, I realised I can make the existing joining brackets as the lower strut mounts as well.

So have to cut the axle off the swingarm, laser cut these new purple brackets, and stick it back together!

I have multiple holes for testing later, so I can change the motion ratio to suit (make the suspension softer or harder).

swingarm strut 3.jpg

84mpg

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Sometimes you have to go back a step or 2 ...

Looking at how to mount the rear strut to the swingarm proper, I realised I can make the existing joining brackets as the lower strut mounts as well.

So have to cut the axle off the swingarm, laser cut these new purple brackets, and stick it back together!

I have multiple holes for testing later, so I can change the motion ratio to suit (make the suspension softer or harder).

View attachment 24998
Man.... I LOVE this!!! It's definitely worth a step back to get the adjustability! Bravo!

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The other day someone mentioned Arcimoto, and here's 2 of their proposed products.

Clearly I can do these as well, though there are some differences:

-Mongrel will be a little bigger overall.
-Mongrel has car type steering wheel and foot pedals rather than typical motorcycle controls.
-Mongrel will have superior side impact protection for the open-cage version.
-Mongrel will be ICE, maybe EV later, Arcimoto is EV.
-Mongrel is positioned at a lower price point.
-Mongrel is better because I design and built it, and my Mum says i I am awesome.

So are these styles of interest to anyone, thoughts? .. and no, it's not detracting me away from my current goal ...

achimoto.jpg

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

-Mongrel has car type steering wheel and foot pedals rather than typical motorcycle controls.
-Mongrel is better because I design and built it, and my Mum says i I am awesome.

So are these styles of interest to anyone, thoughts?
there is no doubt that some folks will be interested .... for all of the above reasons and many more, I'm not one of them .... that said, I'll have to reserve judgement as to the validity of your Mum's opinion ..
74.gif

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score
there is no doubt that some folks will be interested .... for all of the above reasons and many more, I'm not one of them .... that said, I'll have to reserve judgement as to the validity of your Mum's opinion ..

I wasn't trying to sway anyone from the intended 'Elio Alternate', just looking for thoughts is all.

When I look at this, I see an Arcimoto alternate ...

frame 1.jpg

frame 2.jpg

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The other day someone mentioned Arcimoto, and here's 2 of their proposed products.

So are these styles of interest to anyone, thoughts? .. and no, it's not detracting me away from my current goal ...

View attachment 25000
"Mongrel will Be ICE"......count me in bud!

84mpg

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Anyone that buys a FUV (or Can-Am) better ride it like they're on a motorcycle, because they're not much safer. (In some ways, I think motorcycles are safer.) Owners better not have a false sense of safety. They need to have their heads on swivels when riding in traffic –

Personally, if I had the $28,920 to buy a fully maxed out FUV..... I'd get a limited edition Triumph Rocket 3 GT Triple Black (2,458cc and 165hp) and save $4,500. ha!

Top Bottom