• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

My Elio Alternate Project Is Underway.

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score
understand your preference but simply can't see any use in having 4 regular doors on a vehicle made for 2 people to be seated one behind the other ..

The main advantage is the electric windows for all 4 corners, as well as the trim, armrest, buttons etc. It doesn't mean all 4 doors have to be operational.

Last 2 days doing some personal stuff, but back to it today, even though it was around 110 in the factory ...

Turned the swingarm pivot mounts 90 degrees, this has shortened the wheelbase by 3", and placed some weight lower, which is always a good thing.

swingarm 7.jpg

And made a pivot mount with bush to make life easy to attach it to the swingarm.

swingarm 8.jpg

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I wanted to look at a very small vehicle conversion, in this case only supporting a solo seating. So I'm sharing it, for the styling effects I found. It's wheel base is a lot shorted too. I'm not sure an ICE drive would fit in there.
1999 Honda Insight
HONDA+insight+1999_Autocycle.png

Last edited:

W. WIllie

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The original Insight (like mine) measurements were almost identical to the ELIO. 1L-1000 cc 3 cyl engine
For INFO:

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm quite please that the rear suspension is taking up very little space.
It's off to one side, low, and well forward, leaving lots of important space for luggage and rear passenger.

swingarm 10.jpg

Bounce test went well, but hard to know until all weight is finalised, but have options to relocate it to change motion ratio later on. Bounce test here ...

ehwatt

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm quite please that the rear suspension is taking up very little space.
It's off to one side, low, and well forward, leaving lots of important space for luggage and rear passenger.

View attachment 24987

Bounce test went well, but hard to know until all weight is finalised, but have options to relocate it to change motion ratio later on. Bounce test here ...
Wonderful. What are your considerations on a brake; and, what is the story on the lovely, little bird in the background?

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Gonna be nice to see it rolling around.....

Been away, again, it happens sometimes, but hopefully no interruptions from now until the 25th when I have a another trip scheduled.

Wonderful. What are your considerations on a brake; and, what is the story on the lovely, little bird in the background?

It's a normal common production rear wheel, hydraulic drum brake and cable parking brake.

It's a Foxcon Terrier 100, a fiberglass fuse, metal high wing that was made in Australia in small numbers. You will find more info on it's younger brother the Foxcon Terrier 200, which is all fiberglass.

Top Bottom