• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

My Elio Alternate Project Is Underway.

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yeah.... I spotted the swing arm flip pretty quick and I like that move for us Americans.

Mark.... I know you've driven a lot in both right and left handed traffic. Which do you prefer?

The wheel can go either side regardless of the flip or not.

I prefer LHD, apparently science backs it up for the majority who are right handed, not referring to gear-changing either, something to do with your senses operating from that side..

One thing is clear... the centered steering wheel will work anywhere in the world! No mods necessary! ;)

Nope, Australia has to be RHD, by at least 10mm/0.5".

Crazy but true. No surprise if you are Australian though, we have Public Servants who's life seems to be to justify their jobs by constantly creating new and completely irrelevant laws.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So I have completed my promise to show a conversion for a two door coupe. This Civic seems about as interesting as any. (actually there is no good reason to keep the spoiler, but I left it, just to see the effect).
Enjoy. (Link to the Civic 3d CAD)
I also converted a 2020 Corolla, since I have the car, and was curious about that one.
(Link to the Corolla)
CIVIC2006CoupeTrik.png
2020+Toyota+Corolla.png

Last edited:

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
thanks for the 2 door pictures .... are you able to get one for what would be the rear passenger's door ?
Certainly. There ya are. Is that what you wanted? A rear shot? Or?
I didn't think the blue one was as important, just kind of my personal interest.
But you can also zoom in on these from the link in a browser.
I have not spent the time to fully clean the 3d files up, so the 2d image export needs to be 'cleaned'.
2020+Toyota+Corolla.png

Last edited:

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
thanks for the effort, blue actually looks good but what I was referring to is a picture of the showing the passenger's door side .... as you know, Mark is for the single driver's door to be on the left side as the driver is seated in the trike ... the single passenger's door will be on the right ....

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
OK, you are right, I forgot that. Yes, here ya are...(below)
Of course, the Coupe are two door, so that doesn't apply to them.
It does raise the value of starting with a 4 door.
Frankly, for me, I would like to have all 4 doors. I'm a bit greedy about that one.
2020+Toyota+Corolla.png

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
BTW, I did this one too, a 2 door.... maybe I'm done now.. that was bit OCD of me to do all of that. :oops:
But I did want to see the effect of variations.
Frankly the front nose would be fairly easy to replace with a fiberglass bit of art work.
SO seeing some variation is useful to guide that future work.
Link for the chop below..
2019_Honda_Civic.png

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Frankly, for me, I would like to have all 4 doors. I'm a bit greedy about that one.
understand your preference but simply can't see any use in having 4 regular doors on a vehicle made for 2 people to be seated one behind the other .... having a solid wall to the right of the driver provides many options for mounting the shifter and a range of other such equipment ..... a solid wall to the left of the passenger provides space for running fuel from the the tank to the engine and expands the ease of running wires .... in addition installing 2 doors has to reduce the cost which is a major goal

Top Bottom