• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

My Elio Alternate Project Is Underway.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Ok, I have been speaking to potential Production Partners during these hot days, and I really need to get a better idea if anyone, and how many are seriously interested in what I am aiming to offer.

So I have made an anonymous Poll, and would be delighted if as many of you as possible can indicate your interest please?

There is no need to answer here, I'm not running the Poll here because your name is shown, and I didn't want anyone to feel uncomfortable.

Please tell the truth, this isn't a moral support Poll, I need to understand real numbers, hope you can appreciate that, thanks.

Click on this please...

ADDED: The 84mpg post below, goes more straight to the point. Consider this post more sideline detail...

Unfortunately, an advanced poll will not fully match the actuality, but I do hope your poll helps make a case. I jumped on it, I still want this type of thing in my life.

If the basis for this vehicle as a consumer product is an economically sound purchase(this is a utility aspect), about 99% of the interest in this vehicle will materialize only after the vehicle is available. My experience is that, those people don't even want to take time to consider a promise of what is possible.
These are however, about 90% of the eventual buyers of the car, if the economic equation Elio presented, is part of the deal. (i.e. Saves money compared to driving the family car - while parking/keeping the old and also buying this new one)

If the basis is on other kinds of interests, then an advanced poll is more effective, because those are a bit more responsive to the promissory nature (and the sexiness) of the idea. A utility decision such as economics, tends to be in the moment.(for surveys, not purchases )

The prior Elio exposed public, were a mixed bag, but heavier toward the promissory interests, but they may now, being tainted from disappointments, not currently want to state their interests, and appear more like the utility customers by percentage.

Even so, if your survey were to say,
This car, seats two, will cost $xx, and get nnMPG, and then put it in the path of the general public (and a fresh audience), then you can better extrapolate the public response. If it matched the earlier percentages during the start of the Elio offering, then you have a match.

Of the 68,000 people who responded to this idea, even fewer of those want to deal with it now, until a real product exists(and have dropped off of forums like this). So you can maybe judge the interest likely-hood per person, but not the total volume of people still interested. (if the offer including honoring the prior deposits, that will likely make a huge impact, even while being a more expensive product than Elio was-[proof of deposit require??, still have my T-Shirts!!!])

On the other hand there is an argument that Elio has already proven the general interest, given that every 10 years, 15% of the drivers out there have been replaced with new ones, and many have forgotten/forgave what happened in the past, and many more never heard of it back in the day. So, on the basis of utility, what interest in Elio existed before, can again for a future product.

But again, a lot depends on the current existence of a product. JMHO.

PS, a few years ago, when I completed an Elio 3d model, and talked about it in the forum, a few hundred people would look at them in the 3dWarehouse with-in a week. The latest submissions related to this thread have acquired about 40 views(or less), in about 2 weeks. Likely some part of that did not come from the forum. Use that to influence your estimations.

Last edited:

84mpg

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The one thing I regret about your poll – is that hundreds of rock solid fans of the enclosed three-wheeled vehicle concept have dropped off this forum. Oh my gosh... it used to be so much fun to read the enthusiasm by the members!! They were/are RABID for the concept. I suspect many (most?) would be interested in yours, Mark – if they only knew about it. A large number of the great 3-wheel fans haven't been around here in 2-3 years now. Such a shame that all of that enthusiasm (buyers) was wasted! You sir, are most certainly on the right track. I can't help but think, many of those "lost" fans and buyers will resurface when your vehicle is available. I hope you get enough data from the poll to help you! I know you're looking for numbers. It's just a shame most former Elio fans are unaware of your project to vote in your poll.

Mark... you know how I voted!

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Even so, if your survey were to say,
This car, ...........

The premise is that people here, and the Facebook group, are here on the back of the Elio, know what it is, so didn't feel any need to complicate it further for just a basic idea of minimum numbers as to the direction I might take with production.

I would be foolish to stray very far from what the Elio is, and what people expected of it, so the terms in the Poll: "similar to Elio", I felt were sufficient for the purpose at this point.

There are 60,000+ people with minor to serious commitments to Elio Motors, just 1% is 600+ units, and they were the numbers that I have always worked from to have even taken this on, as I fully believe those numbers are realistic and achievable. 10% is 6,000+, and that would be wild.

Made in USA

Elio Addict
Reaction score
While I might be interested, I'm afraid I want an automatic. The only other issue might be that I live in Ohio and like a few other states, for now, it would have to be sold through a dealership. (Damn franchise laws).

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Ok, I have been speaking to potential Production Partners during these hot days, and I really need to get a better idea if anyone, and how many are seriously interested in what I am aiming to offer.

So I have made an anonymous Poll, and would be delighted if as many of you as possible can indicate your interest please?

There is no need to answer here, I'm not running the Poll here because your name is shown, and I didn't want anyone to feel uncomfortable.

Please tell the truth, this isn't a moral support Poll, I need to understand real numbers, hope you can appreciate that, thanks.

Click on this please...

[URL unfurl="t
It's very evident to all of us who's been following your very own "Elio alternate" the determination to see this project through and it's very much appreciated. That said, we can still feel the frustrations of not getting our Elio after years of waiting so It begs to ask- what's your delivery time frame after your poll shows substantial numbers (e.g. 1-2k solid orders or more) to start production?
P.s. ....a great many of us are retired seniors that don't have much driving time left.

Velhartice

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
If a well built reasonably priced elio like ICE powered vehicle actually makes it to market, I imagine there would be interest if for nothing more than the novelty of it.

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score
(e.g. 1-2k solid orders or more) to start production?

I will start making them when I can confirm there is a minimum of 100 orders. That has always been my absolute minimum.

The difference in numbers makes changes in how I would approach production of them, for example, at 100 units, I will be making them 100% myself in my town.

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score
While I might be interested, I'm afraid I want an automatic. The only other issue might be that I live in Ohio and like a few other states, for now, it would have to be sold through a dealership. (Damn franchise laws).

Wanting an Automatic merely puts you in the "maybe" group, that's fine. Manual is a certainty, cheap and easy, and I am still searching for an ideal Auto or CVT choice.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I will start making them when I can confirm there is a minimum of 100 orders. That has always been my absolute minimum.

The difference in numbers makes changes in how I would approach production of them, for example, at 100 units, I will be making them 100% myself in my town.

my bet is, if you start with 100, once they get on the road, orders will rapidly escalate

84mpg

Elio Addict
Reaction score
my bet is, if you start with 100, once they get on the road, orders will rapidly escalate
As soon as I get mine, I plan on driving the wheels off it. No joke.
Mine will be all over the country and a LOT of people will see it.
(Exposure = more possible sales)
That's my game plan and hope I'm able to stick to it.

I put a lot of miles on bikes back in the day. Wife says I can't have a bike now.
This is the next best thing... maybe even better. I won't have to get wet or cold – or eat bugs.
I have a lot of pent-up miles in me. Ha!

I went to two showings of the Elio. Spent a good amount of time at both. A lot of people turned out to see, touch and sit. I never heard one ill word about the concept. People, never hearing or seeing of the Elio, would pull their car over and just stare at it with their mouths agape. 9 out of 10 would ask, "how much is it and when is it coming out?". Same reaction will happen for the BEX.

Top Bottom