• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

My Elio Alternate Project Is Underway.

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Did somebody say logo? I don't know the meaning of colors in a family crest.. So choose your own.
View attachment 25037
You could see this geometry as somewhere between wings and a shield(from left to right).
Not bad Arelia except the design is to busy. I'm thinking more along this simple lines like this (attached) just change the G to B. Easy to remember. JMHO.

Attachments

• mg-logo.jpg
    mg-logo.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
lol, yes
I was trying to keep it to a British or Euro/Colonial Style, given where Mark is from, and that is apparently popular in some corners 'down under'.
And New Orleans, is very much in that style too.
But many of us in the US don't jive with that too much, we're not used to it, so is this any better? Does seem to be missing something now.
Balance I guess, busy on top, and simplistic below.
View attachment 25039
More like that
View attachment 25040
All in good fun.
That's more like it... change the gray to white and you've got Italian flare design! Can you design something like this with BEX inside?

Attachments

• mg-logo.jpg
    mg-logo.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 70

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Or... just a thought...on that other badge, flip it upside down....I did a pencil sketch of it, and it's fair...not worth posting, but just a thought.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yes, I was thinking of the octal badge earlier, I'll try a 3d of that tonight.
Well, this is a first cut... Font style should be worked with.
One problem with this octal shape, the last thing you should want to do,
is be accused of being a copy-cat.

The badge concept in logo's currently involve some basic polygons. Ford is an Oval, Chevy has an extended cross,
Honda, Toyota, Lexus, others are inside a circle. Octagon for the MG.
Others leverage wings or chevrons as about the same idea.
It would be nice to stand apart with something different.
Maybe Coss has a point, Star Trek was an upside down Shield, or an arrow point, your choice.

1628133418152.png

Last edited:

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Quite pleased that I found a small company locally, 40 mins from my home, who I feel can at least construct my frames for me.

They build small electric rubbish pickup trucks, and I know of them because a good friend of mine who has been doing my fiberglass for over 10 years, builds the fiberglass bodies for them, and he took me to visit this factory today.

I was quite happy with their welding in general, that has been the single largest pain to me here, finding good welders is like finding rocking horse poo ...

The owner is quite keen, but we will have real talks early next week.

visit 1.jpg

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well, this is a first cut... Font style should be worked with.
One problem with this octal shape, the last thing you should want to do,
is be accused of being a copy-cat.

The badge concept in logo's currently involve some basic polygons. Ford is an Oval, Chevy has an extended cross,
Honda, Toyota, Lexus, others are inside a circle. Octagon for the MG.
Others leverage wings or chevrons as about the same idea.
It would be nice to stand apart with something different.
Maybe Coss has a point, Star Trek was an upside down Shield, or an arrow point, your choice.

View attachment 25042
Totally agree, as much as I want that MB badge, gotta stay original!

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Quite pleased that I found a small company locally, 40 mins from my home, who I feel can at least construct my frames for me.

They build small electric rubbish pickup trucks, and I know of them because a good friend of mine who has been doing my fiberglass for over 10 years, builds the fiberglass bodies for them, and he took me to visit this factory today.

I was quite happy with their welding in general, that has been the single largest pain to me here, finding good welders is like finding rocking horse poo ...

View attachment 25043
So long as you can trust them NOT to make their own version to sell on the side. Just sayin'.

84mpg

Elio Addict
Reaction score

View attachment 25043
This could be a home run. Looks like they have the ability to crank 'em out.
I'm not a welder... but that bottom left pic looks like a pretty weld to me.

Good luck. Hope it works out for you.... and us! ;)

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So I took a jaunt into Logo-Land, to see what shouldn't be copied....or what can.
It was interesting. This is pretty-much the full range of types.
Most of the logos are Automotive, but some are not.
Can you guess which? Most are very obvious, some not so much.
View attachment 25044View attachment 25045View attachment 25046View attachment 25047View attachment 25048
I think anything with "wings" like the Bentley or the Mini will complete the BEX 3wheeler nicely because of it's half size....or a galloping kangaroo (lol...who cares if they don't really gallop) as MB's Aussie version of the iconic Ferrari logo.

Last edited:
Top Bottom