• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

My Elio Alternate Project Is Underway.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds good, you were starting to go off the deep end and couldn't swim much longer.....(I was wondering how it was going to end)

So agreed, thank you AriLea for your detailed search.

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So long as you can trust them NOT to make their own version to sell on the side. Just sayin'.

It's quite overblown in internet lore, but the Law, not lore, is very strong to protect you.

Does it happen, of course it does, there's 1/3rd of the World's manufacturing, there's 3 million factories, you can't watch everybody, but if you catch them, and you need to know how to (and that is where Western companies often fail to succeed), you will milk them for every last cent they owe you.

One case we did was for Scania trucks, who were making parts in a local factory under a Joint Venture. The Western Manager was constantly refused entry to one of the on site factories being told it wasn't anything to do with Scania, but he suspected differently. He was smart enough to not create a scene. He came to us, we got all Scania's JV contracts and his employment contract, forwarded them to a Judge to review. As Scania were joint owners of the land and all assets, a Court order was issued and the Manager along with Bailiffs and Police opened the factory at 6am to find they were making Scania parts. When all the workers started arriving for their 8am start, they were all arrested as they walked in the door, along with 2 (Chinese) Managers, who were eventually jailed. The workers were just workers, but were all reprimanded. The Chinese side of the JV had to pay compensation for an arbitrated amount of calculated losses.

I have been whored out a few times as the "International Purchaser" in some of our cases (it's fun, James Bond style!), as recent as last year for a company who was selling extra face masks on the side, that the Partner suspected they were doing (they were), it's simple math, the machines were running 12 hours a day, pumping out 'X' amount of masks, but the accounting books were showing much lower numbers of sales. The Manager was silly enough to boast to me the real production numbers to satisfy my order demands, so I stood in the factory for 10 minutes and recorded with video the numbers being made, gotcha!

It's quite easy to get a Court to send a Bailiff and a Policeman to secure accounting books to be audited. By the way, one of the largest number of Prisoners in China, are Company Accountants. The story is almost the same every time, they steal a little, a little more, and it just keeps growing, they just can't help themselves, it's something to do with the Asian gambling problem. How one woman in a case we prosecuted, expected no one to notice 90,000 missing in one month, was just ridiculous. She started out stealing 80 to pay her home electricity bill, hidden among the company's electricity bills, 2 years earlier, and each month she just grew the amounts. 3 years jail, assets frozen and sold off to recoup the money.

Got a million stories, yep, book one day, with the 'real cases', ones I don't dare mention in public ... yet :-)

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score
OK, OK, I'll quit on the badges issue, for now.....

Thanks for the effort guys, but you are months behind, my brand emblem design is already settled, and thanks to Member 84MPG for his input and assistance with it..

I'm not showing it, do you know there are people who will grab it and register it before you, then expect to be paid for it ....

Made in USA

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for the effort guys, but you are months behind, my brand emblem design is already settled, and thanks to Member 84MPG for his input and assistance with it..

I'm not showing it, do you know there are people who will grab it and register it before you, then expect to be paid for it ....
Perhaps you could make some coffee mugs or tee shirts for a little cash infusion? Once you use it that would give you copyright protecting (at least in the USA). Although late, I was thinking a Ying and Yang style emblem might be interesting.

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It's quite overblown in internet lore, but the Law, not lore, is very strong to protect you.

Does it happen, of course it does, there's 1/3rd of the World's manufacturing, there's 3 million factories, you can't watch everybody, but if you catch them, and you need to know how to (and that is where Western companies often fail to succeed), you will milk them for every last cent they owe you.

One case we did was for Scania trucks, who were making parts in a local factory under a Joint Venture. The Western Manager was constantly refused entry to one of the on site factories being told it wasn't anything to do with Scania, but he suspected differently. He was smart enough to not create a scene. He came to us, we got all Scania's JV contracts and his employment contract, forwarded them to a Judge to review. As Scania were joint owners of the land and all assets, a Court order was issued and the Manager along with Bailiffs and Police opened the factory at 6am to find they were making Scania parts. When all the workers started arriving for their 8am start, they were all arrested as they walked in the door, along with 2 (Chinese) Managers, who were eventually jailed. The workers were just workers, but were all reprimanded. The Chinese side of the JV had to pay compensation for an arbitrated amount of calculated losses.

I have been whored out a few times as the "International Purchaser" in some of our cases (it's fun, James Bond style!), as recent as last year for a company who was selling extra face masks on the side, that the Partner suspected they were doing (they were), it's simple math, the machines were running 12 hours a day, pumping out 'X' amount of masks, but the accounting books were showing much lower numbers of sales. The Manager was silly enough to boast to me the real production numbers to satisfy my order demands, so I stood in the factory for 10 minutes and recorded with video the numbers being made, gotcha!

It's quite easy to get a Court to send a Bailiff and a Policeman to secure accounting books to be audited. By the way, one of the largest number of Prisoners in China, are Company Accountants. The story is almost the same every time, they steal a little, a little more, and it just keeps growing, they just can't help themselves, it's something to do with the Asian gambling problem. How one woman in a case we prosecuted, expected no one to notice 90,000 missing in one month, was just ridiculous. She started out stealing 80 to pay her home electricity bill, hidden among the company's electricity bills, 2 years earlier, and each month she just grew the amounts. 3 years jail, assets frozen and sold off to recoup the money.

Got a million stories, yep, book one day, with the 'real cases', ones I don't dare mention in public ... yet :-)
That's quite a story.

Velhartice

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thank you for sharing this. I think China is such an unknown here in the west, nobody wants to take a good in-depth look under the hood into how business works there since China is so politicized here.

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thank you for sharing this. I think China is such an unknown here in the west, nobody wants to take a good in-depth look under the hood into how business works there since China is so politicized here.

It's very frustrating and saddening for me, at the end of the day the bulk of people in ALL Countries are just trying to put food on the table for their kids, what happens at the top level is reprehensible, but they are also the law makers ....

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Perhaps you could make some coffee mugs or tee shirts for a little cash infusion? Once you use it that would give you copyright protecting (at least in the USA). Although late, I was thinking a Ying and Yang style emblem might be interesting.

Being Australian, I still consider that what I am doing is Australian, Australian design, Australian quality, Australian service, etc, I just happen to be standing on another Country's soil is all.

Maybe I should declare my factory as an Independent State?

I wouldn't be the first Australian to do ti ...

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I had to stick it all back together so as to have a more complete look to show the potential production Partner.

Remember this is a PROTOTYPE, a development car, and it's a bit rough around the edges, and not representative of a final product.

You would be amazed at how many people don't understand that.

ca 4.jpg

ca 3.jpg

Top Bottom