• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

My Elio Alternate Project Is Underway.

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score
At this point, ugly welds don't matter as long as they're strong! ;)

Been (trying to) welding for 40 years, and I am still rubbish, it's very frustrating.

I want to make it clear that it's convenient for me to weld as I go along doing the prototype, but I will have nothing to do with the welding of further vehicles, other than strictly approving them, and only if they are to a Western standard.

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Chipping away at it Folks, meeting today, and the potential production Partner is all for it in principle, and wants to build a chassis for me ASAP to prove they are capable, and the what, where, who and when's of it all.

First steps are for me to change and redesign the tubing sizes I am currently using, to suit the ample stock they have on hand for their current rubbish truck production, this is just logical, and keeps it low cost and low risk for that company.

Please don't mistake it as a production start, it's not, it's a start on a, or a few, pre-production models to sort things out with the target of sorting foundations for production.

I still have plenty to do on the current prototype.

Here's a picture of an egg to celebrate this special occasion.

1628506779193.png

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
First steps are for me to change and redesign the tubing sizes I am currently using, to suit the ample stock they have on hand for their current rubbish truck production, this is just logical, and keeps it low cost and low risk for that company.
appearances can most certainly be deceiving but from the looks of the trucks they currently make, they have heavy duty frames .... they should be able to produce very solid ones for you

BigWarpGuy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Chipping away at it Folks, meeting today, and the potential production Partner is all for it in principle, and wants to build a chassis for me ASAP to prove they are capable, and the what, where, who and when's of it all.

Please don't mistake it as a production start, it's not, it's a start on a, or a few, pre-production models to sort things out with the target of sorting foundations for production.

I still have plenty to do on the current prototype.

Here's a picture of an egg to celebrate this special occasion.

View attachment 25069
Is this so people will egg you on? Perhaps it is to show you plan to shell out more money on the project? a sign that the yolk is on you? or us?
:D

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Is this so people will egg you on? Perhaps it is to show you plan to shell out more money on the project? a sign that the yolk is on you? or us?
:D

Actually I was just being a clown using any random picture for fun.

Then I thought: Who will be the first to post that the egg represents the birth of this new project soon to be hatched .. nah, it was just random :-)

Velhartice

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had to stick it all back together so as to have a more complete look to show the potential production Partner.

Remember this is a PROTOTYPE, a development car, and it's a bit rough around the edges, and not representative of a final product.

You would be amazed at how many people don't understand that.

View attachment 25058

View attachment 25057

Looking great!
I like the lines so far and the proportions look good to me. I can only guess that that isn't an easy undertaking and I am looking forward to what is next.

As an aside, I cant help myself but imagine how it would be quite a spicy little meatball if one could put ford's little 1L turbo triple under the hood, the 1.5 would be a total hot rod. :)

Top Bottom