• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

My Elio Alternate Project Is Underway.

84mpg

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I like those 1-piece sides. They look good and solid. Kind of crazy how that temp brace fits perfect in the new one. Hopefully, that’s a good sign.

also…. I like the fuel door’s location. (Back in the old days, there was a LOT of discussion about the best location of a fuel door. Ha!)

if you need a hand this weekend, give us a shout. Some of us will fly right over. ;)

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
nicely done in all respects, nicely done indeed .... any clue as to how many gallons of gas that tank holds ..???..

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
At 84.1 mpg...
Well, I have one (or two) data points to compare against...

Viking 4, 1250lbs, sociable seating, same frontal area as a Miada, and about the same acceleration 0-60, cd=.24, custom dual-cam with economy-profile, mid-engine 1980's Subaru flat 4 engine 1600cc. Custom gear set....
tested 110mpg mixed driving mode. (Viking 6, 118mpg in a mixed mode competition, cd=.22).

Your frontal area is less, weight about the same ??or a tiny little more??, cd a little worse due to the outrigger wheels and no flattened underbody.
84mpg could happen if ya soften that lead-foot. ;)

If you can beat the Opel Speedster racer, you have angel wings(, and you are a diesel).(miserly 2.5 liters per 100 km)

SO maybe 70-75 mpg is a low risk expectation.

Last edited:

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
30 liters/8 US gallons.

At 84.1 mpg, that's 672 miles range.

Yeah, nah, I don't believe it either :cool:
nice .... very nice .... cut the MPG in half and that still ain't bad at all ..... you'd still have a considerably longer range than I can handle with out taking a break or two .... :car:

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score
And back to the basics.

At this rate, by tomorrow I should have nothing on the bench at all! :becky:

foundation.jpg

Top Bottom