• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

My Elio Alternate Project Is Underway.

84mpg

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This was a tough one. I fiddled for hours this morning surrounding how I was going to locate the roll bars in place, as they are literally 2 bent poles standing completely unsupported, other than some 2" long larger tubes the ends sit in that are welded to the chassis to locate their 'feet', for want of a better word.

I imagined all sorts of apparatus bolted to the bench, gauged off nodes on the chassis, and then simplicity struck me ...

I made 2 very simple 'floating jigs' from some angle iron that simply clamp to the front downtubes, and rear downtubes, that simply square everything up, took me most of the day to figure out the jigs that only took me a half hour to make, and they work brilliantly
1f642.png

Might be a bit hard to tell what you're looking at here

View attachment 25218

View attachment 25217
That jig will work perfectly. Simple is hard to see sometimes. We tend (at least I do) to make things harder or more complex than necessary. Be sure to hold onto this jig for your upcoming orders! Don't lose 'em!

Hey.... the jig can just be welded in place for a "Mad Max/Road Warrior" version of your roadster! :)

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That jig will work perfectly. Simple is hard to see sometimes. We tend (at least I do) to make things harder or more complex than necessary. Be sure to hold onto this jig for your upcoming orders! Don't lose 'em!

Measurements are logged, and as you can see it's nothing more than 2 pieces of 1.5" angle iron with some bracing to hold them at the right angles. .

Top Bottom