• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

My Elio Alternate Project Is Underway.

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Paul Elio commented the space under the dash was very crowded with equipment and wiring. Perhaps a computer monitor would reduce that clutter, but having to reach behind the steering wheel would be awkward.

Perhaps have two monitors, with one on each side, showing the same or different information. Then the driver only has to reach to the side of the steering wheel. China has lots of electronic expertise to offer.

It is so nice being an armchair designer. You can imagine all you want to and never have to actually solve any problems.

At 1.23 minutes in my video, the "speedo" contains everything from door open, fuel gauge, indicator lights etc. The tacho is the smaller one upper left.

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So getting back to the action, back up on the bench and the rear swingarm fitted up, and the fuel tank positioned accordingly.

Bonus is after the move, the exciting new background decor, that includes my microwave and fridge, water cooler and lunchtime seating.

swingarm 1.jpg

I'm quite fond of the '3 bend' side roll bars, will give an open version a sleek look I think

84mpg

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So getting back to the action, back up on the bench and the rear swingarm fitted up, and the fuel tank positioned accordingly.

Bonus is after the move, the exciting new background decor, that includes my microwave and fridge, water cooler and lunchtime seating.

View attachment 25241

I'm quite fond of the '3 bend' side roll bars, will give an open version a sleek look I think
Yes sir…. That 3 bend roll bars should look sharp on the roadster. Really look forward to seeing the two models…

Made in USA

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Now Mark has stated several times he isn't looking for deposits and that he is financially able to finish his project without help. Still, it would be interesting to have a poll to see if he did decide to go public, would you be willing to invest? I had shares of Elio Motors but sold them making enough profit to cover my $100 all in. (I was too chicken to put $1000 in). However, Mark is communicating and showing promise. I would definitely consider investing in his project. Anybody else?

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Now Mark has stated several times he isn't looking for deposits and that he is financially able to finish his project without help. Still, it would be interesting to have a poll to see if he did decide to go public, would you be willing to invest? I had shares of Elio Motors but sold them making enough profit to cover my $100 all in. (I was too chicken to put $1000 in). However, Mark is communicating and showing promise. I would definitely consider investing in his project. Anybody else?

I'm not sure why I would need investments, I might ask for deposits later on, but ONLY AFTER THE CAR IS IN PRODUCTION. Simple reason is the deposits help to pay for the materials ordered for that build, and that helps me to keep the costs down.

84mpg

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm not sure why I would need investments, I might ask for deposits later on, but ONLY AFTER THE CAR IS IN PRODUCTION. Simple reason is the deposits help to pay for the materials ordered for that build, and that helps me to keep the costs down.
Love it…. This is so refreshing and good to hear. This, along with his work, effort and constant communication… makes me a believer. Go BEX!

Top Bottom