• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

My Elio Alternate Project Is Underway.

JohnJ

Elio Addict
Reaction score
2 points, my steel is generally thicker, not ideal weight or cost wise, though not a big difference, and that's because I can't afford the pressings to use thinner materials in the shapes to retain strength, eg; compound curves.

Secondly, I am fortunate to have large galvinisation factories close by, so I am considering hot dipping them.

I use galvinised steel, as you can see above, when making prototypes because it's much cleaner and easier to handle, and looks pretty in pictures :-)
Haven't hear it mentioned in years. Wonder if anyone still does undercoating?

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I am most delighted with the results of the front subframe today, I have even named the picture "production front subframe".

It fell together so easily, giving me quiet confidence that only very minor mods will be required from here on in for it. There are more parts to it, but they all fitted up easily and as they should in theory.

This is a big step forward Folks

Production front subframe.jpg

ehwatt

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I am most delighted with the results of the front subframe today, I have even named the picture "production front subframe".

It fell together so easily, giving me quiet confidence that only very minor mods will be required from here on in for it. There are more parts to it, but they all fitted up easily and as they should in theory.

This is a big step forward Folks

View attachment 25310
This looks like it is gonna be half Super Seven!

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
An example of the keys and slots throughout the assembled chassis, to facilitate a more efficient and accurate build ...

you've introduced another production technique for metal that I'd never heard of .... I can understand how it should simplify assembly and I tend to believe it will strengthen the joints :sad:

Top Bottom