• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

My Elio Alternate Project Is Underway.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Today's effort was for the dash panel, an important part of the structure, and I did 2 of the 3 main chassis crossmembers as well. All parts in red in the CAD picture.

Couple of smaller braces also, and the 2 big holes are for 6" radio/music speakers.
having a foot of speakers in a 3 - 4 foot dash it should be easy to hear whatever is playing on the radio !!!

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score
having a foot of speakers in a 3 - 4 foot dash it should be easy to hear whatever is playing on the radio !!!

Importantly I think. it allows for large storage area on the right side "not a door" doorwell, and the rear left side also.

That was the general thinking of keeping the speakers out of the doors, as well as less electrical wiring to worry about.

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yeah sorry, seems I posted it in the jokes section!

I've been look forward to this for a few weeks now, a successful test fit of the engine and gearbox.

Some simple minor adjustments needed, but nothing that's going to stop me using this subframe.

This is a very important step forward as you are looking at close to actual production parts here.

Front subframe 7.jpg

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Worked all day designing the firewall, including brake booster and pedals, get to the laser shop at 7pm to find they have been randomly targeted for emissions outputs testing by the local pollution police. So closed for 2 days while they do all their official tests.

Annoying because lasers put out about as much as the operator having a cigarette. Firewall is red part, and you can see the cnc laser file shows it's not as simple as it looks.

Firewall 1.jpg

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Surprise call this morning from the laser shop, come and get your parts, the shop is supposed to be officially closed for a few days .... !

I did have to go to the separate office to get them though, the factory doors were closed. Happy about that, and now the firewall is in place with the brake booster and pedal box bolted up.

Happy days, going forward ...

Firewall 3.jpg

It doesn't look it, but the brake pedal is in the middle, optical illusion.

Firewall 2.jpg

Top Bottom