• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

My Elio Alternate Project Is Underway.

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Will you be able to drive it before putting the body on?

Absolutely, the body should be a completely separate item and removable, with the exception of some wires/earth straps.

Something like the off-topic spamming picture of the overpriced, feckless, in-efficacious Arcimoto above, but good looking.

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Oh yeah! Temporary plywood for flooring then bolt the seat and he'll be going round and round the street/track where it's allowed.
Ps. I'm surprised how compact that engine is!

Likely 2mm aluminium floor. No need for a temp floor.

The engine is tiny, and best of all, very light, that integral airfilter on top makes it look a lot bigger than it is.

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Likely 2mm aluminium floor. No need for a temp floor.

The engine is tiny, and best of all, very light, that integral airfilter on top makes it look a lot bigger than it is.
Of course! You know, with all the millions that Elio Motors wasted, they never shown how their prototype performs at the track, never posted real stats if they even came close to 84mpg even with their new engine.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Mark, we've been following the flooding in parts of China that the Zhengzhou weather bureau said rainfall totals over the three days were an occurrence that happens only "once in a thousand years." .... sure hope you aren't anywhere near the affected areas

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Mark, we've been following the flooding in parts of China that the Zhengzhou weather bureau said rainfall totals over the three days were an occurrence that happens only "once in a thousand years." .... sure hope you aren't anywhere near the affected areas

Not a "1000 years", my wife remembers clearly it happening in Zhengzhou before, and because it was the bad old Mao Ze Dong days with lots of poverty, many people starved to death when the crops were destroyed. Many came to our Province apparently begging for food and shelter, her Mum and Dad were a Nurse and a Doctor, and they helped many, that's why she remembers it so well.

I am critical of China for not having National swimming programs, this is a Country of water, there are rivers, lakes, dams everywhere, yet most of them can't swim, most can't even tread water, terrible watching these people drowning in simple situations where we would be laughing it off. All Australians are taught to swim at school because 90% live close to the Oceans.

There's other stupidity going on as well, they are walking through flood waters, which you just don't, grabbing on to light steel poles and dropping dead from electrocution, disappearing down drains, trying to drive their cars through flooded streets etc. I am appalled at the stupidity of those who went and caught the subway trains, I hope they do something about that in the future. The last place you go is down underground in massive rain storms. Many deaths could have been avoided with some of the most basic information.

Also your concerns should be going out to Germany as well, they are suffering badly, over 200 perished when they find everybody.

By the way, in my own town here in Sichuan, about 10 years ago, I saw 10" of rain drop in an hour, it was frightening. Even the World record, in Missouri, is 12" in an hour. It wasn't like rain drops, but like continuous streams of water from millions of hoses that you couldn't even see through.

PS: Posts like this remind me we are all people who generally care for each other, and the nonsense between Nation's Governments doesn't matter, appreciated.

I actually came here just let you know I have been tinkering, but otherwise a slow week as it's been over 100F degrees in the factory every day this week as Summer peaks.

The Summer rains started the last 2 days, so will start cooling things down.

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score
With the heat that has made it impossible to spend very long in the factory the last week (it will pass), I have been at home primarily turning the prototype parts into pre-production manufacturer'able parts in computer CAD.

Here is the firewall for example, 4 tubes and a sheet, turned into laser'ed and folded sheets.

fw.jpg

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Ok, I have been speaking to potential Production Partners during these hot days, and I really need to get a better idea if anyone, and how many are seriously interested in what I am aiming to offer.

So I have made an anonymous Poll, and would be delighted if as many of you as possible can indicate your interest please?

There is no need to answer here, I'm not running the Poll here because your name is shown, and I didn't want anyone to feel uncomfortable.

Please tell the truth, this isn't a moral support Poll, I need to understand real numbers, hope you can appreciate that, thanks.

Click on this please...

Top Bottom