• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

My Elio Alternate Project Is Underway.

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Almost on wheels again, and I am fast approaching the level where I was at with the prototype.

roller 1.jpg

I am away for 3 days, Sun, Mon and Tuesday, driving my Wife into the foothills of the Himalayas to a small town about 4 and a bit hours drive away.

Mianning.jpg

84mpg

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Almost on wheels again, and I am fast approaching the level where I was at with the prototype.

View attachment 25252

I am away for 3 days, Sun, Mon and Tuesday, driving my Wife into the foothills of the Himalayas to a small town about 4 and a bit hours drive away.

View attachment 25251
Hey Mark! Build is looking good!

So you're taking your wife to the foothills of the Himalayas? You didn't say if you're planning to bring her back. ;)

Have a safe and restful trip!

Last edited:

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Setting up the engine mounts again.

The strange looking shiny sheetmetal is the locating jig for the door hinge brackets (red arrows), I've been making a few jigs recently, takes a lot of time too.

The holes are just to take some weight out, as well as grab handles.

door hinge jig.jpg

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score
More laser work today, some modified suspension chassis mounts (that I assembled today, see picture) and some self jigging panels for the new front section I will make, but not use on this build.

Front section as in all the forward tubing where your feet go, that holds the engine up, supports the steering rack and crossmember etc.

The purpose is a far more accurate, self jigging front frame assembly. It will be a sample assembly only to access and demonstrate where things go for production. Things will be clearer as I construct it.

New front 1.jpg

Top Bottom