• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

My Elio Alternate Project Is Underway.

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Getting the rear suspension frame mount sorted out, went smoothly, should work out good.

Swingarm 7.jpg

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I struggled with the front suspension today, just couldn't get the setup that I wanted, so I have to make changes, serious changes, but not difficult to implement.

The the front roll cage extending all the way to the front will be truncated, and the green tubes (black arrows) will be added, and you can see in the CAD how the front suspension top mounts meet the new tubes.

Front suspension 1.jpg

front suspension 2.jpg

The new tubes only have one, non-critical angle bend, and meet at current nodes on the frame, so no frame modifications required, more like a simple addition. .

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I always like to show something on the weekend, but 1/ not very exciting and 2/ forgot to take a picture anyway!

I laser cut some adapters to mount the front suspension to the steering knuckles, and working out a problem I had with the other prototype that is seeing too much stress on the upper suspension bush when turning on full lock.

1657395281172.png

Was hard going in the stifling heat today, hottest day so far this year, over 110 degrees in the factory.

Top Bottom