• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

My Elio Alternate Project Is Underway.

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The rear bulkhead just fell into place, close to perfect, and now is fully welded in, and the swingarm loosely hanging off it.

.. as well as checking the fuel tank for clearances, tight but manageable.

1663756488058.png

Fuel tank is 8 gallons.

Last edited:

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Automatic preference for me too. I’ve been amazed by the convenience and comfort of regen braking - single pedal drive - in stop and go traffic.
I've always preferred manual transmission over automatics, simple and very easy to work on. Furthermore in this time and age, not a lot of car thieves knows stick shift so they'll pass on my BEX if they dare to joyride it! :nono:

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Are you going to have an access panel for changing the fuel pump??

I know fuel pumps do fail, but I honestly have never seen an OEM in-tank fuel pump fail in my lifetime around vehicles, including owning mechanical repair shops. Aftermarket pumps on customised cars, yes, replaced numbers of those.

I answer to your question, no, because it would take no more than easily removing just 4 bolts, and dropping the tank.

I am aware of numbers of ridiculous, ill-thought out repair jobs on cars, and assure you I avoid thrusting that pain onto other mechanics.

Sonoran Sam

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I answer to your question, no, because it would take no more than easily removing just 4 bolts, and dropping the tank.
Thank you... Four bolts is perfect. I also know that an 8 gallon (almost empty) tank weighs a lot less than a 35-40 gallon (almost empty) tank.

When you mentioned the tank fit, but was tight... my mind went to the horror job of replacing the fuel pump on a friend's car -- not fun.

And yes... you are correct (again) that some engineers don't think about the repair jobs they will be thrusting onto the mechanics or diy owners of these vehicles.

And I do appreciate you taking the time to answer the questions we have.

Top Bottom