• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

My Elio Alternate Project Is Underway.

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Ya know, having a full tablet display on the dash is very popular right now, larger google maps etc. My 2020 Corolla has one standard. And now there is a purfect space for that on the right of your dash. Elio's was very crowded in the right side area of thiers.

Should anyone want a professional display for commercial reasons, well, this is purfect.
I'm old school and old so simpler is better for me because I like fixing stuff. KISS. That's why we have cell phone! I even leave my phone at home most of the time because I have a stand alone Gear watch with it's own phone#, GPS, etc. and in my wrist so no chance of misplacing it.
1677776457057.png

Last edited:

Sonoran Sam

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You can even buy new a 2023 version of that Atlas. I have one I keep in the RV. Roads do change.
Yes... I need to do that. My girlfriend & I did use it about 2 years ago when we drove cross-country, but you are correct and its time for an updated one.
Next big trip and I'll pick up a new one.
Until this morning, I didn't realize that my road atlas was almost 20 years old. OMG!!

DikiJ

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Shown here is the Inter Autoscooter, a microcar that was unveiled to the public at the 1953 Paris Motor Show. The Inter was built by SNCAN, a state-owned French aircraft manufacturer based in Lyon.
1677779773362.png

Joshua Caldwell

Staff member
Reaction score
When trucking I had both the atlas and the cellular map GPS, I found it was usually 2-5 years between when a highway or interstate section was opened to the public and when it became updated in the atlas despite it being "up to date" with its annual publishing.

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My eyes are sore.

I have been in CAD for 2 days straight now, trying to work out the swingarm, must have done a 100 variations on the theme.

Happy now, will go to metal tomorrow, it's simpler, neater looking, lower weight, and now fully adjustable with ease for the rear wheel toe and camber.

View attachment 26435
I believe your BEX is still on track since your first post ( Feb. 2, 2021) considering you're working SOLO on this project. And I'm betting by mid- June it'll be fully skinned and operational for a test drive.

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I believe your BEX is still on track since your first post ( Feb. 2, 2021) considering you're working SOLO on this project. And I'm betting by mid- June it'll be fully skinned and operational for a test drive.

I expect the same.

If I didn't suffer from 'Paralysis From Analysis' so often, eg; always seeing where things can be improved, it would be done now, but I take heart when I see Elio started his first car in 2006 .....

Anyway, I have zero regrets switching over to the staggered seat layout.

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I am most pleased with the swingarm, I told ya's I would get it into metal today, it's about 80% done.

Only issues are minor, and more in the process of assembly processes than any design problems.

1677934747017.png

I have made so many special tools over the years, and added another one today, a simple adaption to my pipe bender to press the swingarm bushings into the swingarm tube.

1677934850444.png

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I really like the look of your new swingarm assembly .... you've reinforced areas that are bound to be stressed by force generated from the retire bouncing down the road .... do you have any concern about its ability to standup to those forces over time ?

Top Bottom