• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Myelio.me Is Up & Running

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I just saw something I had not noticed before. Other people probably have.

Below the little "cubby hole", on the right side by the right foot at floor level, there is a small area that has carpet in it.
When selecting carpet colors, it changed colors with the rest of the carpet.
I assume it is a small recess area for storage.

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Perhaps the exhaust bulge is gone along with other small items, but:

the panel covering up the suspension opening is there!

TMOSteel

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have talked to the people that make the Skyz System and they are working on having an Android version available by the time the Elio is ready to go.

Ah, thank you for that. I still think its somewhat pricey for a system that basically just forwards information to an app. There are other devices that can do that for a fraction of the price.

Granted, this may be a little more sophisticated but I am not really understanding the whole concept of me clamping my own tablet into the car is supposed to work. Wouldn't an actual touch screen system have been a better option? They go for about the same price.

Question: where IS the radio in the Elio?

Dustman

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Summary:
Base Price $6,800.00
Color: color_Marshmallow + $0.00
Transmision: Manual + $0.00
Tires: Retro Fender + $380.00
Wheels: Retro Wheel + $240.00
Chin Spoiler: No Chin Spoiler + $0.00
Rear Spoiler: Rear Spoiler + $225.00
Trim: Black + $0.00
Carpeting: carpet_000 + $0.00
Door Threshold: Standard + $0.00
Convenience:Tire Pressure Monitoring System + $84.00
Audio:100 watt Subwoofer + $199.00
Audio:Enhanced Stereo with USB and connectivity + $299.00
Audio:Thunder 35 Enhanced Speaker System + $149.00
Total: $8,376.00

I had originally planned very few options; however, I was always interested in leather heated seats & cruise control. Those items aren't even on the configurator yet and I'm already up to over $1,500 in options! I don't think I can pass on OEM retro fenders, but I would like more information first: how do they impact mileage, and are the standard fenders included with the upgrade? I also like the rear spoiler; & with the amount of enjoyment I get from listening to music, I know every audio upgrade will be more than worth it. Paul Elio, you sneaky son of a gun. Your gonna make some money off me after all.

I will probably either go with all of that, or revert back to my original plan: cruise control only, please. Time will tell...

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Earlier, they said they would have a back up camera even if Skyz is not present. But, where would they place the screen? Skyz is a great for displaying the image from the back up camera.

They may renege and only offer a back up camera if the person also has Skyz.

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
What do we get for our $1999 when we purchase Skyz? We get a holder for the tablet and a module that connects to the vehicle's computer cable and transmits its information via Bluetooth to the tablet. We also get an app to load onto the tablet. This seems like a lot of money for this.

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I was hoping I could get an audio system with Android dock, but w/o all the Skyz stuff. But I guess we don't even have the details on what Skyz can do. If, for instance, it is a mobile WiFi hotspot without a monthly internet bill, then a one-time $2000 payment might be worth it!

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I found something that might be an error. Notice, I said "might".

On the P5, the Skyz tablet holder projected through the hole where the stereo mounted. Skyz takes the place of the stereo and provides the music.

Therefore, on the configurator it should be impossible for a person to select both Skyz and the "Enhanced Removable Stereo With USB and Connectivity" because they both use the same space in the dash. The configurator allows both to be selected and it should not permit this.

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Did anyone else notice this on the myelio.me site?
..."Final price excludes destination/delivery charge, taxes, title, registration and installation of select options."...
Would someone like to give a shot at explaining that (the bold stuff)?
I thought installation was included in the price.

Top Bottom