• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Name That Elio / Elio Logo / Elio Marketing

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Elio Motors............has a nice ring to it.........rolls off the lips, but perhaps to class it up: EMW Elio Motor Works........EMW...................Your Second Ultimate Driving Machine and when people ask you what you drive..............an EMW.........cooler than Elio, but I like Elio too.

Last edited:

azurehenfruit

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think we’ve covered about everything all members on this forum can think of, so this is really just a rambling for fun. Being in the electrical industry, when I hear “motor”, I think “electric”. In this industry, motors are electric and engines run on fuel. Maybe Elio Motors should change it’s name to Elio (insert new name here) just to distance itself from anything electric. Any thoughts?
Has anyone considered that “Elio” seen in a mirror is "oil" plus the Cyrillic equivalent of “E” ?

I happened to notice this as I saw our shirt hanging in the bathroom, while I looked in the mirror.

100_2519 crop.jpg

Of course, it looks even better on a pretty chick!

100_2519.JPG

Last edited:

Neal

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think we’ve covered about everything all members on this forum can think of, so this is really just a rambling for fun. Being in the electrical industry, when I hear “motor”, I think “electric”. In this industry, motors are electric and engines run on fuel. Maybe Elio Motors should change it’s name to Elio (insert new name here) just to distance itself from anything electric. Any thoughts?
Yeah, no real intent here. Just fun. The original Volkswagen was an attempt very close to the same intent as the Elio. How about an Amercanized name that infers the same intent or Idea. "Folks Trike" or "Folks Cycle". ONCE AGAIN not really serious.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
An interesting point of view but I think it is very industry specific. When I hear the word motor I think of something that moves something rather than its source of power. Are you saying when you hear department of motor vehicles you think of only electric vehicles? I suspect not. LOL I have liked the name Elio from the start and love their logo. And I actually think of the resulting vehicle as my Elio. :-) Z

Top Bottom