• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Name That Elio / Elio Logo / Elio Marketing

Mrtoycrazy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'd just like the name Elio. Let's get the first year out the door before we start making additions ,or upgrades to the name as well as the car. That would maybe make me want to buy another after I have the first year base model, and then see the new Elio S&S model, S&E, or S&T . Of which I would get the S&T, I like to hear that turbo spool up.

Jeff Miller

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This is the first I've heard of "&", and being contrarian I'd have to say that:
  • That name will not cause me to cancel my order
  • That name will not cause me to sponsor a write in effort to change the name
  • That name will not cause me to whine incessantly about what the name should be
  • And although I'd prefer a name of just Elio, I'll be happy driving my elio no matter what it gets badged.

Husker1

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I
This is the first I've heard of "&", and being contrarian I'd have to say that:
  • That name will not cause me to cancel my order
  • That name will not cause me to sponsor a write in effort to change the name
  • That name will not cause me to whine incessantly about what the name should be
  • And although I'd prefer a name of just Elio, I'll be happy driving my elio no matter what it gets badged.

I love your philosophy! Hope it catches on around here.

ross

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm going to replace my & badge with a $. Might take a screwdriver & a knife.
When I was in high school, way back when, The school had a mid 60s Ford pickup that someone had changed the "F" and the "D" around and made it a "DORF". I once had a "61 Econoline pickup and I tried the same thing. The "F" and "D" wouldn't swap but the "O" and "R" would and the "D" would mount upside down, so I took a hacksaw to the upside down "D" and made it a "G" and created the FROG and that's what it was referred to 'till the day I sold it. It was red and sometimes when my friends would refer to it as the 'FROG', someone who hadn't seen it from the front would ask 'it's red, not green, why do you call it the frog', and I would delight in informing them it was a poison frog. I truly hate to say, that of all the vehicles I've sold in my life I miss the FROG the most. I paid $200.00 for it, drove it every day for 10 years and sold it for $600.00. My wife hated it, if you've never been in one, you sit in front of the front axle, which made driving it whole lot of fun for me, the first time she rode in it, she told me, "If you ever get in a wreck with this thing, you'll be the first one to the scene of the accident".

Top Bottom