• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

New Anti Elio Facebook Group

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just a few thoughts...
I paid $7,100 cash for my two bedroom, two-story house several years ago including closing costs. I replaced a bathroom floor, changed the water heater over to electric, did some plumbing and put a switch on the high-efficiency gas furnace. The house came with vinyl siding, fairly new double-paned windows, two porches with new stairs and railings, a cyclone fence all around the property (corner lot) with three gates, plenty of flat graveled space outside the fence in the front and rear for parking 6 vehicles and a fairly nice basement.

Last week I bought 10 bags of millstone (normally $8.87 per bag) coffee for $1 a bag (all arabica columbian and french vanilla), three nice $14 shirts for a total of $4 and I always buy pullman wheat bread for $1.12 per 2lb. loaf. I live in an exemption county so the state pays all but $300 of my property, school and per capita taxes each year. Did I check the tax rates before I bought the house? You betcha.

My highest gas bill in the frigid NE this year so far has been $150. My electric bill is usually around $65 in the Winter.
Am I worried about these guys taking their time to build my Elio?

Not in the least.

Where on the North American Continent can you get a home for $7,100? :eek: I want to move there! :)

Joshua Caldwell

Staff member
Reaction score
Where on the North American Continent can you get a home for $7,100? :eek: I want to move there! :)
1. Cleveland, Ohio
1-cleveland-ohio.jpg

Flickr / ~ PeggyC ~The Detroit-Superior Bridge in Cleveland, Ohio.
Average listing price: $64,993

State average listing price: $204,029

Cleveland has a population of 391,275. 63% of the population has white collar jobs, while 37% has blue collar jobs.

The median age of homes is 60 years. 35% of those homes are owned, 47% are rented, and 18% are not occupied.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/most-affordable-housing-markets-2014-11?op=1#ixzz3ToMunQgp

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I am reminded of a movie years many ago with groundbreaking animatronics, where an all important crystal cracked, expelling a shard piece from it. Two peoples appeared: those of the dark and those of the light. After much turmoil, the shard was reinserted and the crystal was whole and complete. At that same moment, the two peoples where reunited into a single race and all was well.

I am reminded of that here. I think of us (elioowners.com) as the people of light and the antielio FB group as the people of dark.
Is it possible to be standing on a line in the middle of the two groups? There could be just enough light to see both sides.

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
1. Cleveland, Ohio
1-cleveland-ohio.jpg

Flickr / ~ PeggyC ~The Detroit-Superior Bridge in Cleveland, Ohio.
Average listing price: $64,993

State average listing price: $204,029

Cleveland has a population of 391,275. 63% of the population has white collar jobs, while 37% has blue collar jobs.

The median age of homes is 60 years. 35% of those homes are owned, 47% are rented, and 18% are not occupied.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/most-affordable-housing-markets-2014-11?op=1#ixzz3ToMunQgp

$64k is a looooong ways from $7.1k. Like Smitty said, $7.1k might cover the property taxes. Unless he bought it at a tax lien auction...that's a possiblilty.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
1953- prices sounds about right!
BYW, my daughter lived in Pittsburgh for a couple of years, probably today population about 1/2 what it was making steel, supersize totally underutilized airport (was built as a hub for ??) but the housing stock never got burned, trashed, gutted for lead and copper, and there were many 1890-1920, brick, stained glass, hardwood floors, fireplaces, off street parking and nice size lots for 65k 8 yrs ago got you a beautiful Victorian home.

Top Bottom