• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

New Elio Commercial

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
There are times when I wonder if EM knows anything at all about marketing to Americans.

Enough of EM having to show just how clever they think they are.

Enough of the bad attempts at subtlety in EM's commercials.
EM's commercials historically waste so much time with "build-ups" for punchlines...
And being oh-so-clever and coy, that the message doesn't even get across.
What the heck would be wrong with just a second or two of "mystery" buildup...
And then, "Hi I'm Paul Elio and my company is well on it's way to bringing you...
A 90% American made car that will get up to 84 mpg with a target price of only $6800...

And... (Drumroll fades into epic music)... This is it..."

Last edited:

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Good (think SNL) satire yes.
And even some good SNL satire would be out of place.
You know this thing is garbage just from the stench.
My only argument was letting the Blue Shirt guy get a dig in unchallenged. But that was because I'm a Red Shirt guy. But considering the source, it was to be expected.

The Onion is certainly not an equal opportunity satirist and neither was SNL after the first few years.

But it appears that they are going for edgy or creative and hoping to get an internet explosion at a low cost. Being a typical commercial, even a well made one, won't get you that, so we have to put up with the mess that's left.

Anybody think it's worse than Toyota's new series of commercials?

Last edited:

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If Elio Motors wants a good commercial, go back to the people who made the one where the sheet gracefully and flowingly comes off the Elio.

That commercial was good! They even know how to make a sheet be beautiful.
Yeah, there are a few people in the world who can take sheet and make it look beautiful. :becky:

ThreeWheelBurnin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, I like this one better than the topic starter.

This one is also pretty good with the Benny Hill music :p (the link will take you to a page that will play one youtube video using the audio of a second video. In this case, the commercial with the Benny Hill theme)
That was perfect!:D Yakkity Sax goes with just about anything.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I like how he pulls up to the teller window at the bank and just keeps on going because he probably can't reach the tube from the window without getting out of the car. The classic Elio drive-through conundrum!
Or how he fails to stop at the stop sign... :rolleyes: If I remember correctly, if there isn't a stripe on the road, you are supposed to stop AT the sign, not past it. I'll give the driver half of one credit because it looked like he might have at least stopped before the video edit cut it out.

This is one video I can't say I like much at all. The way the cameraman seems to think you have to do a quick zoom in or out for every shot shouts out "Film student!" Not to mention the speed up/slow down irritation. Yeah, not a fan.

Top Bottom