• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

New Elio Commercial

Reaction score
Yea, Well, I think this new political advertisement and crazy manic music is wrong. It is offensive and demeaning. The onion is not a positive. No good can come from it. The stocks aren't moving like they did with the previous announcements and ads. Reservations have been steady.
It's turning elio into a joke. ( Is this what the curtain call was about? Glad I didn't own a business suit.) Is this the message we want to push into the people who never heard of the elio ? Well, it just dragged US into satire jokes and insults and I am pissed.

Reaction score
Some people take politics very seriously. That is why it is not allowed to be discussed on this forum. Riots, assaults, refusal of service is taking place this year because the children are in charge. For two grown men to play paper rock scissors on what appears to be a government office steps is childish demeaning and disrespectful. The music is not something people can relate too other than silly.

booboo

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You make a good point Lilly, I thought about it a bit. ELIO is a "different" company. So, the commercials should reflect that. Pounding music and fancy quick edits have been used by car companies for years. I like humor, the political satire commercial was decent, and I think relationships with The Onion is a positive, ask any hamburger. Introduction to the specifics of ELIO to the public would be a starting point, and Paul Elio is a great on camera, he should do the introductions if they are going to start spending add dollars.

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think these ads are primarily targetted toward the Millenial crowd; the combination of partnering with the Onion and making these online-only ads seems to support that philosophy at any rate. I expect future TV ads will be more like the Alter The Course campaign (which is quite good), but I liked both of these latest ads as well. And I think other people in my age/demographic will probably like them, too.

Frim

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, I like this one better than the topic starter.

This one is also pretty good with the Benny Hill music :p (the link will take you to a page that will play one youtube video using the audio of a second video. In this case, the commercial with the Benny Hill theme)

Irritating music

Mel

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Irritating music
My problem is with the VOLUME. I know todays generation is deaf from all the loud music and ear buds, but I give us a break. The volume on this thing is too loud with the volume turned all the way down! And, BTW, I love Benny Hill.

Top Bottom