• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

New Elio Commercial

Rob Croson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Dude, the commercial is supposed to be funny. Maybe not "ha ha" LOL funny, but amusing in a way that people will remember the ad (and hopefully the product) the next day -- especially people who do fishing for a hobby.
I was talking about the original commercial, not your proposal.

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
With all of the above in mind, here is my second draft for the commercial:

OPENING SCENE:
Two rugged young men are fishing off the side of a road. Scenery in the background indicates this is a swamp or bayou in Louisiana.

Suddenly, MAN 1 gets a jerk on his line. He starts reeling it in, and slowly pulls an Elio out of the water, gleaming in the sun like Venus rising out of the sea. When the Elio is on dry land, the driver's window rolls down, revealing two women.

WOMAN 1: (Smiling broadly) Thank you! Can you tell us how to get to Shreveport?
MAN 1: Uh, yes'm. Just take this road until you get to the county road and turn right, keep going until you get to the highway and turn left.
(While they are speaking, WOMAN 2 leans forward and smiles at MAN 2. Cut to reaction shot.)
WOMAN 1: Thanks! Bye!
As they drive off, we hear
WOMAN 2: Next time the GPS on your phone says 'Turn Right', make sure there's a road there.
WOMAN 1: Oh, shut up.
Cut to show an Elio in the studio, camera moving to show front left, left, and rear left of Elio. Text at bottom of screen gives web address for Elio.
VOICEOVER: New, for 2018, the Elio. Designed in America, built in Louisiana. 84 miles per gallon, base model starting at $6,800. Great in the city. Great on the highway. Not so great for swamp-surfing.
Cut to the men, looking off at the car as it drives away
MAN 2: (to MAN 1) What did you say you were using for bait?

Personally, I'm thinking a 30-second spot for the 2017 Superbowl.
My only edit is to make it a Parish Road. (No counties in La.)

Muzhik

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My only edit is to make it a Parish Road. (No counties in La.)

I went back and edited the original message. Thanks for catching that!

Is it legal in LA for people to just pull off the road and start fishing wherever they want to? Here in Iowa there are a few limitations, such as no fishing off of bridges (too much danger from traffic).

Maurtis

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Top Bottom