• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

New Elio email

BADBOY

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I would most definitely buy a $14 K Electric Elio (assuming It passes due diligence). JMHO but I think prospects of finding investors for Green energy projects would be easier than finding money for FOSSIL fuel projects (in todays political climate). This just might work. I will not however allow my blood pressure to go up with unbridled excitement until the money is on the table. It's all about the money.
What extremely wealthy investor exists today that were not available years ago that Paul would sign over most of his company for their cash?

ElioJoe

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry, but that is absolutely bogus.

Even in West Virginia, were 91% of electricity is coal power, electric cars STILL produce less carbon emissions per mile than gas cars. Electric drivetrains are just that efficient.

But "being green" is only a footnote anyways. Electric cars are higher performance, lower maintenance, and vastly cheaper to fuel than gasoline cars. The upcoming Electric F-150 costs about the same to fuel as the original 84mpg gasoline Elio would have.

I doubt this electric Elio will ever materialize. But if it does, it will be an absolute hoot to drive and will cost even less after 5 years than the original $7200 gas Elio.
I respectfully disagree. While the "electric" car may have a cleaner footprint, you have to include the "fuel source" that created the electricity in the first place.

BADBOY

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If he does I sure hope they will build the Elio with the same high quality they put in there other products. I know they make good stuff, I've replaced most of mine 4 or 5 times.
What stuff have you replaced 4-5 times? What period of time? Taken as you posted that's not an endorsement.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have moved from the Elio optimistic group to the Elio trust challenged group since Mark started his project. I will not return until after I have a Bex, and/or Elio produces my personally configured copy. I may be just fine with it, if that is an EVElio. Evel-ieo? That IS an unfortunate meme. But I will not be going total pessimistic, or take my $1k back. Actually $1200 in my case.

It is just weird that they are doing exactly what I and others have suggested months or even years ago. I do hope they get there. And I do believe this can only help the Bex project. After all, Bex is intended to go international at the beginning, and Elio is not. If the US buys into the autocycle concept, the rest of the world will follow. So BEX has at least 3 years of uncontested world sales after Elio rolls one out for the USA.

It is possible that the price of the Mechannica Solo has changed a few minds about the Elio as an EV. And Elio would show very well compared to that. (110mph top speed? OK)

I'm moving to Mexico someday, and I hope to obtain my Bex there, if not here first. And if I can get an Elio, yes I will. I may not take all of my Elio reservations, since now my teen-agers (still-living) will already have their own cars.

YES, I suggest, in any case, still convert this forum to a 3wheeler name-space. Or maybe also consider an AutoCycle name space.

Everything may be re-thought , in my case, if Aptera hits the street first as all solar.

Last edited:

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I respectfully disagree. While the "electric" car may have a cleaner footprint, you have to include the "fuel source" that created the electricity in the first place.
This isn't an opinion that you can choose to "disagree" on. It's scientific fact.

For instance, a Tesla Model 3 powered by a clean grid like California produces the same amount of pollution per mile as a gas car that gets 110 miles per gallon. On a dirty grid like West Virginia, the pollution caused by that same Tesla would be equal to a gas car that gets 85 miles per gallon.

JohnJ

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This isn't an opinion that you can choose to "disagree" on. It's scientific fact.

For instance, a Tesla Model 3 powered by a clean grid like California produces the same amount of pollution per mile as a gas car that gets 110 miles per gallon. On a dirty grid like West Virginia, the pollution caused by that same Tesla would be equal to a gas car that gets 85 miles per gallon.
Good to see you back !

JohnJ

Elio Addict
Reaction score
What stuff have you replaced 4-5 times? What period of time? Taken as you posted that's not an endorsement.
You got that right. Most Chinese products are built to sell, not use. You want an example, we just bought our 4th coffee make in 5 years. If they build the car in China I'm not interested. Why do they build export items so cheaply? I don't know, but the situation reminds me of the old Isireli story about the turtle and the scorpion.

ElioJoe

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score

Well, you obviously know everything so good luck with that. As long as you can depend on a stable electrical grid that doesn't go down, you should be okay.

Top Bottom