• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

New Elio email

Made in USA

Elio Addict
Reaction score
New Facebook post the other day clarified that their reason for going electric is that's where investors are looking to invest.

The plan is built the Elio-E first, then follow up with the Elio-G gas model.

Reservation holders can use their Spot-in-line for either model.

Not holding my breath though.
I really dislike that they are using Facebook without also sending an update to those of us that have signed up for it. Wast the "update" link just a marketing ploy to determine current interest?

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
September 8, 2021

Good Morning Elio Reservation Holders,

Wow, it has been a while since we have had the chance to say that and frankly, it feels good… and we’re back!

Stay tuned for a number of important and exciting announcements over the next few weeks on our path forward. In the meantime, you can head over to the SEC website where you can view our recently filed reports and financial statement.

We are sure that you have a lot of questions that we will work to answer over the coming weeks and months. Our email, tellmemore@eliomotors.com, is available for your questions, which we will gather and share as we move forward.

Thank you again for your patience, understanding and, most of all, passion for the Elio vehicle platform,

The Elio Team
once again a promise of progress has been made .... once again, the followup from Elio Motors has been nonexistent .... I guess its possible only 8 weeks/a couple of months doesn't qualify .... after all, almost a decade after all their early promises of going to production in a couple of years has just been extended by a couple more .... so its a return to business as usual

JohnJ

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It's been almost 2 months and still no more info. They must think we're a bunch of wimps. I wonder how long Elio thinks they can poke at us without getting bit?

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I suspect they no longer desire our interest in their ICE version. We are a liability now.

We either are hyper-critical, or if we exercise our reservations, EM will make less money than selling to fresh buyers. So they want us bored and silent.

And yep, later, I think there could be plenty of non-reservation buyers, at some nominally higher price if they can over come the bad press and get funded. I came to that conclusion because inflation may have pushed the cost up and closed any possible profit for the ICE drive at that last reservation price. (Elio or anyone, please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong)

The EV, on the other hand, for now, that price is currently realistic (maybe). So likely they will not be very enthusiastic to fulfill the prior ICE reservations. The more people they can get to abandon the ICE drive reservations the better for EM. Either by cynical abandonment or conversion to the EV.

So I'm cautiously certain we will not ever see an ICE-drive Elio at the old price, if ever. Unless a whole lot of the older reservationists abandon it.
OR someone with deep-deep(-deep) pockets jumps into the game.

LGilbert

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
YES ! Where are those update emails he said was coming?
IF there was good news (some fool invested because of electric model), then Paul would be the first to announce his wonderfulness and how Elio was wooing investors. The fact that nothing has been said after the first announcement, other than a foreboding Q/A post on FB, typifies Paul's tactic of going invisible when those 'announcements' could not be made. The Q/A session hinted that the G-version MIGHT be produced later "or an alternative' might be offered. Meaning: He has no intention or capability of producing the G-version in what is a rapidly shrinking market. Elio has 150M$ in creditors waiting for any money to become available and swoop it up. The Overstock pre-Elio-Coin-Bust bright Paul out of hiding, the money was spent on debts, and he disappeared again. His miserable management record, waste of enough money to develop 20 different Elios, a history of lies, the stock value=0 and nobody with any sense would invest in what will become a Business 101 example of an excellent pied piper bilking millions out of dreamers.

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hmmm I’m order #61 closing in on 10 years wait. Wimp, fool, gullible, yet I don’t think Paul is worried about us any longer. He’s figuring out a New master plan to make flying Elio‘s that run on fusion power and unicorn tears for $6,900.

Yup, survival mode, keep making up stories to move forward so he doesn't go to jail ...

Grumpy Cat

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It's been almost 2 months and still no more info. They must think we're a bunch of wimps. I wonder how long Elio thinks they can poke at us without getting bit?
There isn't any new info because there is no new info. I'm not sure this is all that hard to understand... We are all waiting and will continue to wait. I used to be positive about this, but I've written that off a few years ago when they stopped providing any new information.

Made in USA

Elio Addict
Reaction score
There isn't any new info because there is no new info. I'm not sure this is all that hard to understand... We are all waiting and will continue to wait. I used to be positive about this, but I've written that off a few years ago when they stopped providing any new information.
No news is good news? I would prefer Paul Elio simply putting out a statement once a month that Elio Motors is still working on funding. That would at least imply they are still trying. That would be better than the silence we are currently getting.

Top Bottom