• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

New Engine Unveiling And Testing

Smitty901

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Elio needs to bee 100% open and up front about what is going on with that engine. No wishful thinking no dreaming just the facts and get them out ASAP.
They have a credibility problem right now.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Elio needs to bee 100% open and up front about what is going on with that engine. No wishful thinking no dreaming just the facts and get them out ASAP.
They have a credibility problem right now.

EM will share whatever information they feel suits their business needs best. EM has never promised to tell us 'just the facts' or to tell us everything ASAP and expecting them to do so is being unrealistic and potentially setting yourself up for disappointment as while it could happen it very likely will not. This is where we create some of our own problems as when we set our expectations for something which we have not been promised and which may not happen we are bound to be disappointed. The sad part is that after this happen instead of blaming ourselves we actually blame EM for not being credible because they failed to meet our unrealistic expectations.

While reservations holders are understandably disappointed with the recent news of the production target moving and the funding issues EM is experiencing the wider reality is that this 'credibility problem' which some have with EM does not really exist much outside the relatively small group of people following EM regularly online. The fact of the matter is that we know that the vast majority of reservation holders only keep track of this project via the updates which EM provides which may have had some disappointing news lately however it is keeping them informed as to what is happening with the project. The media is not surprised at all about delays due to funding shortfalls as the members of the media, even if supportive of EM, have correctly kept their sights on the fact that while all the others news is good EM still needs funding to enter production so until news of this funding is announced they do not assume anything more. Most of the general public is blissfully unaware of EM at all or receiving their information about EM from the media which does regularly correctly point out the funding questions.

It helps to keep in mind that as a group the EM online followers exist inside a bubble which only represents a small segment of EM's public relations audience. While EM does recognize us, even panders to us at times when it fits or at least is not contrary to their goals, it is unrealistic of us to expect them to make any marketing and PR decisions based solely on what this relatively small group is doing or feeling. Instead EM makes marketing and PR decisions based on their own goals combined with what they see the wider market as a whole needs from them.

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Snipped: Instead EM makes marketing and PR decisions based on their own goals combined with what they see the wider market as a whole needs from them.

G1 thanks for the Band-aid. My boo boo feels better, but still hurts a little.....

upload_2015-1-30_8-13-45.jpeg

Ray O

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I had to drive a new Toyota Corolla with a CVT transmission, A few years ago I drove the last model of Corolla. The difference was remarkable. The CVT was so much better in every way. The Elio I wanted was a standard transmission I am use to this. Now seen how efficient the CVT is. I am just wondering if it wouldn't be more efficient to make all Elio's with CVT transmission. This may cut cost of inventory and assembly.

I work part time at a car dealer Motorcar Portfolio that sells antique cars. When I get my new Elio I will put it on display there.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The Elio will be an AMT not a CVT transmission. Although,, from the drivers seat they are close to the same thing, select D and GO!
Except the continuous drone of the engine... albeit in its most efficient rpm level. No thanks. I still like gears. Of course, it would be more efficient to only make cvts. Without choice, you'd be cutting valuable customers out.

BlioKart

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I had to drive a new Toyota Corolla with a CVT transmission, A few years ago I drove the last model of Corolla. The difference was remarkable. The CVT was so much better in every way. The Elio I wanted was a standard transmission I am use to this. Now seen how efficient the CVT is. I am just wondering if it wouldn't be more efficient to make all Elio's with CVT transmission. This may cut cost of inventory and assembly.

I work part time at a car dealer Motorcar Portfolio that sells antique cars. When I get my new Elio I will put it on display there.

I would actually would have liked Elio to use a CVT or normal transmission. Not because I want one but because i feel it would be a better driving experience for those that don't want a manual trans. I expect Elio eventually to go away from a AMT. I think the AMT will be a sore point for some customers.

Top Bottom