• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

New Engine Unveiling And Testing

Cache Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think those who choose the automatics will adapt to it very quickly. Every person has to get used to the "feel" of what they're driving, then pay no attention to it after that, unless "something" changes is what they've grown used to.
I'll stick with the stick!
I just want the opportunity to drive all the different options. Not just around in a circle in a parking lot. A good 10+ minute drive as a minimum.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Except the continuous drone of the engine... albeit in its most efficient rpm level. No thanks. I still like gears. Of course, it would be more efficient to only make cvts. Without choice, you'd be cutting valuable customers out.
2 transmissions were always in the mix. The q of which would be the option hasn't been finalized,

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I just want the opportunity to drive all the different options. Not just around in a circle in a parking lot. A good 10+ minute drive as a minimum.

unless a massive amount of money materializes, I don't see how EM could produce enough test drive vehicles to give reservations holders, spread all across the country, a chance for such, close to home, test drives .... I have no clue what is being discussed but I could see a couple of test drive vehicles at the factory where folks could come when its time to place their order .... I could also see some test drives be made available as part of the tour .... even with our yet to be determined reservation number which (if reservations were closed today) should be well over 30,000, I question if the infrastructure will be in place across the country for universal pre-order test drives to be readily available .... please note, the above is based on watching from afar and may or may not have any coloration with what is to come

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
2 transmissions were always in the mix. The q of which would be the option hasn't been finalized,

I thought that the manual transmission was going to be standard and the AMT would be an extra cost option .... that makes sense to me because the manual transmission is supposed to be cheaper

Top Bottom