• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

New Numbers From Elio 04/27/2014

H2odog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think it just shows the overall public awareness of the vehicle and the more people who know and "like" the Elio, the more likely success will be. Some of those likes will transition to sales and THAT stat makes this interesting. I don't follow Facebook enough to know when a certain number of likes is significant but it's another metric. I'd like to see the Elio covered in a couple of automotive print magazines... That'd stir up some interest.
Real paper and ink articles! Yes! Aside, did you notice the dates on the other charts??? They were the website post dates rather than the posted thru date on the Elio website. Depending/or not on how Elio reports, data could be skewed with Monday holidays.
I will say that he did a nice credible job, I just found yours easier to assimilate.

JNR

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think it just shows the overall public awareness of the vehicle and the more people who know and "like" the Elio, the more likely success will be. Some of those likes will transition to sales and THAT stat makes this interesting. I don't follow Facebook enough to know when a certain number of likes is significant but it's another metric. I'd like to see the Elio covered in a couple of automotive print magazines... That'd stir up some interest.
It's a metric that we can track, so I'm tracking it. Right now there is one reservation per 7.8 likes. From the weeks I've tracked it is between 4.6 and 8.3 new likes per new reservation.

You can be certain their marketing team looks at these numbers and I'm interested as well.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It's a metric that we can track, so I'm tracking it. Right now there is one reservation per 7.8 likes. From the weeks I've tracked it is between 4.6 and 8.3 new likes per new reservation.

You can be certain their marketing team looks at these numbers and I'm interested as well.
It all fascinates me. That is why I started recording the dates and numbers each week. My little notebook may not be as fancy as your graphs but until I submitted the information I was the only one who saw it and my older son was the only who heard about the results. See, now I can claim to be all grown up because my numbers are in graph form. LOL :-) Z

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
JNR, thank you for taking the time to create these graphs. Always look forward to your updates and hope for a spike after a great showing. Thanks again.
Blackbird, an off topic question. I believe you have the lowest reservation number of this entire forum. When did you reserve your Elio if you don't mind saying?

Reactions: JNR

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Elio listed the closing date as today so I would expect that the total would include the weekends numbers. If anyone knows differently please speak up!
On their website they list the closing date as yesterday. Since their staff was scheduled to be there during event hours, I assumed that would have been fairly late in the day. I get the impression they are pretty busy talking to interested potential buyers. Whether they have back up staff to help, I don't know.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thank you! I wasn't looking daily sales but rather a figure that represents the Daily average reservations. ie: from Jan 1, 2013 through today is 468 days reservations for that same period are 14623. average then is 31.245 reservations /day. I am using 1/1/13 only as an example as I do not know when the reservation taking began.
I don't know if this will help but the lowest number I have seen on here is Blackbird so I asked him when he reserved. He is #61 and he reserved on 1/6/2013. :-) Z

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Elio Numbers 2014 04 20.jpg
Elio Numbers 2014 04 20.jpg

I'll put this here as it's on topic. The number of new reservations has been pretty steady since February at just over 80 per day. That should continue to grow and will probably become more exponential as physical progress towards production occurs.

Top Bottom