• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

New Numbers From Elio 04/27/2014

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Curious, are you seeing the reservation spikes after a large show (tour date) primarily? Thanks for creating these graphs!!
The big spike in January appears to have resulted from CES in Las Vegas. The one in March is a week of events - Austin, San Antonio, Tucson and Ontario. As Ralphe's pictures show, Ontario was very well attended. There is less evidence of the other events during that week. :-) Z

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I haven't seen any spikes and it seems that the individual contributions of any single showing is minimal. It would stand to reason that there are many who see it at one of the shows and then research online. Anecdotally, there are probably a lot of people who researched and didn't make reservations. However, once production begins, there may be a large group of people who want one but didn't feel it necessary to support Elio during their start up. There are movies that I'd love to see but it is a lot easier to wait a couple of months and buy it when it comes out on video rather than buy 5 tickets, popcorn, etc. The lime green line that goes across the Elio in the right-hand graph is the trend line of new reservations. Notice that it is pretty flat which indicates a steady flow of new customers that isn't rising or falling. It's good that it isn't falling but would be better to see interest going up.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
TY, Your statement makes sense. I hope you will continue to monitor these graphs for everyones benefit in the future. I hope that as the word spreads (1 person tells 2 etc) that this pace will start to snowball so to speak more rapidly as time and supporters increase. Add to that (at least for me) in early 2013 there were No forums like this or data points of info to evaluate your buying decision. As interest grows and information is available I would Hope that buyers will feel more confident in jumping on board. I remember (1/6/13) making my throw of the dice decision based on a single video and a WTF go for it attitude. 15,000 plus people later and it's starting to build confidence in the industry. Fingers crossed!!
I'll bet you are right. I think more people would be comfortable putting money down on a car with 15,000 other people rather than being one of the first few. "Hey, all those people must know something I dont'." or "It must be a good idea if so many people are backing it."

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
I believe the primary purpose of the tour, at this point, is less about sales and more about creating general awareness of the vehicle as well as allowing those of us already involved an opportunity to experience the vehicle in person. Of course it is prudent of them to allow everyone who does come out to make a reservation on the spot if they so desire.
I am sure the Elio Motors marketing staff understand that the majority of people who learn about the Elio will not be willing to take a chance on a vehicle which may, or may not, go on sale a year from now however those same people will already have some exposure and awareness of the concept when the full scale advertising blitz begins coinciding with actual vehicle production.

JNR

Elio Addict
Reaction score
15840 as of 4/27/2014. Hit 100 reservations/day.

ELIO RESERVATIONS 4-27.jpg

Top Bottom