• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

News From Shreveport

BaldGuy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Not sure if I was Paul, I would want to show up and tell them there is no jobs till possible middle to end of next year. Doubt this is what they want to hear. But IDK. Will be interesting to see what happens.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I can't see how they can begin the Fleet build when they haven't even built the second wave of the E series. They have to be behind schedule. It's only 6 weeks away from the admittedly optimistic December Fleet Build. I can't imagine them finishing the E series which is supposed to give feedback and be an integral part of the final design. I was expecting the E series to to happen in a month, not stretch out over half a year.
Not enough money. As usual.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score

First comment.
I watched the whole video and don't recall hearing him say "...and in the comments a woman said her brother in law used to work in the plant for GM and that he has filled out an application for employment with Elio..."
Is this the correct link?
I'll go listen again if need be

Rob Croson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
:confused2: He said it was in the comments, not in the video. Literally the very first comment I see on the video is this:

Bonnie Robertson 3 days ago
My Brother-N-Law retired from General Motors in Shreveport when they closed down a few years ago, after being with them 30 years. He's applying next week with Elio so I'll let you know what he finds out.​

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
:confused2: He said it was in the comments, not in the video. Literally the very first comment I see on the video is this:

Bonnie Robertson 3 days ago
My Brother-N-Law retired from General Motors in Shreveport when they closed down a few years ago, after being with them 30 years. He's applying next week with Elio so I'll let you know what he finds out.​
Ahhhh the comments below the video on the you tube page, Now I see it.

<I, like others, are far too literal>

RonnieB

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I can't see how they can begin the Fleet build when they haven't even built the second wave of the E series. They have to be behind schedule. It's only 6 weeks away from the admittedly optimistic December Fleet Build. I can't imagine them finishing the E series which is supposed to give feedback and be an integral part of the final design. I was expecting the E series to to happen in a month, not stretch out over half a year.
I must say I am disappointed on the E Series build so far. All we know of is 2 cars so far (E1A and E1D)....if more have been built they should be telling someone or someone should know of them. My gut tells me something big is going to happen or one more delay.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Not enough money. As usual.
Like I've been saying for months...

What? were broke again?
3 recent vehicles = 17 million dollars.
8 prototypes and a new engine total to show for 100+ million dollars.
Hmmm.

Wasn't Racer Trust supposed to have someone onboard and onsite overseeing the equipment selection and removal?

The time (or noose) may be drawing near when P.E. and friends have to bite the bullet.
They may have to give up on the DOE, and fund this thing by releasing a massive amount of EM stock into the market.

Last edited:
Top Bottom