• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Nfl 2016 - 17 Fan Talk Page

Bert

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Siemian is the Bronco starting quarterback for week one now. Congratulations to him!
( I wonder if Dallas wants Sanchez now? ) Lynch will the the future quarterback, barring any unforseen problems. He is learning quickly and it is possible he'll take over the calls before the Years is done. IMO
Denver defense looks good again this Year. Von Miller doesn't seen to have lost anything, or injured himself, while packing around his new contract.
Kind of funny, the Broncos don't seem to be getting any respect with the odds makers. Even Madden 2016 puts them in the middle of the pack.

Oh well, I"m no more concerned than I am about my Elio. GO BRONCOS!!! GO ELIO!!!!!!

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Siemian is the Bronco starting quarterback for week one now. Congratulations to him!
( I wonder if Dallas wants Sanchez now? ) Lynch will the the future quarterback, barring any unforseen problems. He is learning quickly and it is possible he'll take over the calls before the Years is done. IMO
Denver defense looks good again this Year. Von Miller doesn't seen to have lost anything, or injured himself, while packing around his new contract.
Kind of funny, the Broncos don't seem to be getting any respect with the odds makers. Even Madden 2016 puts them in the middle of the pack.

Oh well, I"m no more concerned than I am about my Elio. GO BRONCOS!!! GO ELIO!!!!!!
Just wait till week 5, brother... week 5...

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Romo's glass status is indeed an ongoing problem for Dallas. I know they love him there and I know he "was" an elite quarterback but the coaching staff and players were all trapped by him. They couldn't move forward with Romo at the helm part-time. Maybe this way, they can start training up Romo's replacement. It's different being the backup rather than the prime QB. This year, finally, Dallas won't play several games while their backup gets more and more rusty. This year, they can have a full practice game and then start the season out right.
But isn't that the same problem they had with Coach Landry? Everyone was afraid to fire him? So that's why he was gone so soon after Jerry Jones bought the team, he had no ties to him. Plus I head on one of the shows, that was the deal the old owner made with Jones; buy the team so the team can drop Landry.
They went through the same thing with Roger Starbock (sp) that they were afraid to cut him until he got hurt.
On all of the TV NFL shows the word is, Romo needs to retire.

---- Kaepernick wants to sit during the National Anthem? Fine. That is his right (didn't Hope Solo get suspended for 6 months from soccer for merely saying something offensive? This must be different... Maybe she was being oppressed). And, since that offends me, I will not watch a single game this year where the 49rs play.
Oh you might be able to watch the 49er's, seems Colon Humpthedink had 3 surgeries over the summer and is not in "football shape". He's lost speed, he's lost size and he's lost strength; all the things that made him good. The odds are, they're going to cut him a check for $12mil and tell him not to let the doorknob hit him in the <ahem> butt on the way out, we don't need you or your services any longer. He's not scheduled to start either.
We may have seem the last of him.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
But isn't that the same problem they had with Coach Landry? Everyone was afraid to fire him? So that's why he was gone so soon after Jerry Jones bought the team, he had no ties to him. Plus I head on one of the shows, that was the deal the old owner made with Jones; buy the team so the team can drop Landry.
They went through the same thing with Roger Starbock (sp) that they were afraid to cut him until he got hurt.
On all of the TV NFL shows the word is, Romo needs to retire.

Oh you might be able to watch the 49er's, seems Colon Humpthedink had 3 surgeries over the summer and is not in "football shape". He's lost speed, he's lost size and he's lost strength; all the things that made him good. The odds are, they're going to cut him a check for $12mil and tell him not to let the doorknob hit him in the <ahem> butt on the way out, we don't need you or your services any longer. He's not scheduled to start either.
We may have seem the last of him.

I believe you may be correct, sir. He is currently #3 QB on the roster.

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
---- Kaepernick wants to sit during the National Anthem? Fine. That is his right (didn't Hope Solo get suspended for 6 months from soccer for merely saying something offensive? This must be different... Maybe she was being oppressed). And, since that offends me, I will not watch a single game this year where the 49rs play.

She was being oppressed, lol.

I thought of that too, if I was a 49ers fan would I say to myself "self, since he's not the starting QB, do I not care that he's being disrespectful to the flag and the country for which it stands?" Would be an interesting inner discussion.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
She was being oppressed, lol.

I thought of that too, if I was a 49ers fan would I say to myself "self, since he's not the starting QB, do I not care that he's being disrespectful to the flag and the country for which it stands?" Would be an interesting inner discussion.
It's kind of hypocritical of me to complain about him doing that though. I served 24 years in the Air Force in part to defend his right to free speech and then I'm going to complain about it? Well, I have that same right, right?

slinches

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Maybe he can find a job with the Vikings. Looks like they'll need a new QB after the Bridgewater injury and despite sucking in San Fran, he's still probably a bit better than most of the other available options.

ETA: Actually, the more I think about it the better that fit seems. Kaps weak arm isn't much of an issue there. He can run the read option and either hand it off to AP, run it himself or lob little screen passes all day. It's not like they had many deep throws with Bridgewater in there anyway.

Last edited:

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Maybe he can find a job with the Vikings. Looks like they'll need a new QB after the Bridgewater injury and despite sucking in San Fran, he's still probably a bit better than most of the other available options.

ETA: Actually, the more I think about it the better that fit seems. Kaps weak arm isn't much of an issue there. He can run the read option and either hand it off to AP, run it himself or lob little screen passes all day. It's not like they had many deep throws with Bridgewater in there anyway.
That was one of the surgeries, his knees; he can't run like he used to.

After the distraction he caused, I really doubt if anyone wants that.

They could try to send him to New England; Belacheck would have a ball with him. <heheheh>

Top Bottom