• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Nfl 2016 - 17 Fan Talk Page

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
The NFL season is upon us, my fellow NFL fans. Thursday night, Car @ Den.

ESPN says Panthers are favored by 3; personally I would need more pts than that to take Denver, even though they are at home. They have a young, no-experience QB starting. Panthers scored 500 pts in the regular season last year, and that's 31+ pts per game. I get that the Denver defense really shut down the Panthers in the Super Bowl last year. Will it happen again?

For this game, you've got Cam and the Car offense going against Von Miller and the Denver D. You've got Siemian the young Den QB who probably will get to lean on a run game, and hope that run game does well against a Carolina D that has many young defensive backs. Carolina's front 7 on D will need to stop the run for Car to win.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The NFL season is upon us, my fellow NFL fans. Thursday night, Car @ Den.

ESPN says Panthers are favored by 3; personally I would need more pts than that to take Denver, even though they are at home. They have a young, no-experience QB starting. Panthers scored 500 pts in the regular season last year, and that's 31+ pts per game. I get that the Denver defense really shut down the Panthers in the Super Bowl last year. Will it happen again?

For this game, you've got Cam and the Car offense going against Von Miller and the Denver D. You've got Siemian the young Den QB who probably will get to lean on a run game, and hope that run game does well against a Carolina D that has many young defensive backs. Carolina's front 7 on D will need to stop the run for Car to win.
Actually, your synopsis makes me think that Thursday night may actually be a good game!

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
Actually, your synopsis makes me think that Thursday night may actually be a good game!

I had forgotten about this fact in the Super Bowl last year: Car kicked a FG to make it 16-10 with 10 min to go in the game. The replay was on the NFL network earlier this week. So while the final score was 24-10, Panthers were in it in the 4th qtr.

Just my gut feeling, but even though the TD-INT ratios by Manning and Osweiler were not good last year, Manning's ability and experience to check from run to pass or vice versa was huge. Siemian won't be able to do that, at least not as well and not as often. How will he handle a Car blitz on passing downs? We shall see. :rugby: :pizza: :pizza: :pizza:

Another interesting fact from last year: Den had 194 yds of offense. Car had 4 turnovers on offense. Denver will need to take the ball away at least 3 times to win tonight, IMO.

Hoping for a close game either way.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I had forgotten about this fact in the Super Bowl last year: Car kicked a FG to make it 16-10 with 10 min to go in the game. The replay was on the NFL network earlier this week. So while the final score was 24-10, Panthers were in it in the 4th qtr.

Just my gut feeling, but even though the TD-INT ratios by Manning and Osweiler were not good last year, Manning's ability and experience to check from run to pass or vice versa was huge. Siemian won't be able to do that, at least not as well and not as often. How will he handle a Car blitz on passing downs? We shall see. :rugby: :pizza: :pizza: :pizza:

Another interesting fact from last year: Den had 194 yds of offense. Car had 4 turnovers on offense. Denver will need to take the ball away at least 3 times to win tonight, IMO.

Holy crap! I forgot there was a game on tonight! Here I was, sitting at work, thinking about projects to work on at home... Time for some football!!!!

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score

And, yeah... Denver got really lucky that Carolina was coughing up the ball with alarming periodicity... LOL... Alarming periodicity... Denver was lucky not that Carolina kept shooting themselves in the foot but by the speed at which they reloaded...

Top Bottom